Hacking WHY DOES THIS DEVICE TAUNT ME

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after partitioning my drive and formatting one half to WBFS mode, I loaded a couple of games on and followed this nifty tutorial:
USB-Loader Tutorial, as well as a couple other it links to, to install IOS249, Hermes' IOSs, and then this USB Loader.

After plugging in my hard drive, which is a 1TB Western Digital My Book Essential (confirmed by 36 people to work, according to the compatibility list), the USB Loader just freezes.

Anybody have any idea what the problem is? No GC memory cards or controllers are plugged in, and I'm plugging in the USB Drive into the outermost plug.

*I have noticed that my drive has a password lock on it. Is it necessary to get rid of that in order for the Wii to access it? Because if that's all I need to do, I'm going to be pissed.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
You're going to be pissed
wink.gif

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm still kind of peeved anyway. In order to re-access the drive to remove the password, I needed to make it one single partition again, thus deleting my WBSF partition.

Now I'll just try removing this here password...

Oh, I'll also try making the WBSF partition the primary one. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working now, although USB Loader GX doesn't seem to recognize it for some reason.

Configurable USBLoader is doing the job just fine, but if there's another Loader than someone can recommend me, perhaps one that I can launch through a forwarder instead of going through the HC every time, that would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

K

Kurisuellegarden

USB Loader if you have hermes will try to read your NTFS and FAT32 partitions too. Have you tried configuring it to read WBFS first?
tongue.gif
I have all three partitions on my external. (FAT32 for PS3, NTFS for Computer, WBFS for Wii.)

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gingy said:
Working now, although USB Loader GX doesn't seem to recognize it for some reason.

Configurable USBLoader is doing the job just fine, but if there's another Loader than someone can recommend me, perhaps one that I can launch through a forwarder instead of going through the HC every time, that would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Gingy said:

Thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1