Homebrew Discussion Why does the Switch scene feel so stagnant these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scene politics drives away many good developers.
Lol, what a shame you can’t pour toxic hatred into the community with impunity. Between your racism and m4xw’s transphobia the whole scene can rot at this point

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think that it is a multitude of reasons. First of all, there is no current exploit. The last "convenient" exploit was patched in 2018 (fusee gelee). Back then everyone could hack their switch but maybe people that were active then had to move on because of real life so only a few ones are remaining and no new people are joining.
Also, the development tools are constantly changing. You can't write something and expect it to work forever. People have to recompile and adjust their source code from time to time. The development environments can break and then it's a huge pain in the ass to fix them. So many projects don't work properly on the current firmware anymore and can't be recompiled with huge changes...
Also, the switch scene is pretty grown up. In my opinion, it's more active than the 3DS and the Wii U scene. Heck, the Wii U scene is powered by one single guy. It's getting smaller but it's at a state that the 3DS never reached.

The german homebrew site "wiidatabase.de" Put it best when they said
I don't know how valid their opinion is. They aren't devs themselves, are they?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opinions you dont like is not hate speech.
you are clearly just as bad as him considering you continue to try and defend a bigots"opinions". hating somebody for their color, sexual preference, gender, etc is not ok regardless of how much you try to defend the prejudice behavior. it really just speaks volumes about your "opinions" as well

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
you are clearly just as bad as him considering you continue to try and defend a bigots"opinions". hating somebody for their color, sexual preference, gender, etc is not ok regardless of how much you try to defend the prejudice behavior. it really just speaks volumes about your "opinions" as well

People are allowed to disagree with things. You're the only one mentioning hate.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
there is a reason those "opinions" are illegal but please keep going on about opinions and the right to be a POS

Lmao these opinions are illegal? No they're not what are you talking about?

Funny how you keep throwing around the term bigot. Why don't you Google the definition. It is someone intolerant of other people's opinions or views. Kind of like, exactly what you're doing. Turns out you're a bigot, sweetie.

Maybe you should go reflect on that. And stop attacking people with nasty labels when you can't handle that they don't think exactly like you.
*Sips tea*

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I keep seeing people call me racist.. you realize I am black right? Honestly I think that is part of the issue with a lot of these people criticizing me.

They hate seeing a black man succeed, and then they make up shit / harass him to minimize his accomplishments. I'm used to this shit, that's why I ignore all of you.

Reactions: Deleted User

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Funny how you keep throwing around the term bigot. Why don't you Google the definition. It is someone intolerant of other people's opinions or views. Kind of like, exactly what you're doing. Turns out you're a bigot, sweetie.

Maybe you should go reflect on that. And stop attacking people with nasty labels when you can't handle that they don't think exactly like you.
*Sips tea*
Adolf
Opinions you dont like is not hate speech.
Adolf Hitler only had opinions.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*Sips tea*
literally in your own world of imagination where hate mongering is acceptable
I keep seeing people call me racist.. you realize I am black right? Honestly I think that is part of the issue with a lot of these people criticizing me.

They hate seeing a black man succeed, and then they make up shit / harass him to minimize his accomplishments. I'm used to this shit, that's why I ignore all of you.
I saw you being homophobic I was just covering the bases and you can't try the reverse racist card when nobody knows your race

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: sqwyd

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
literally in your own world of imagination where hate mon

I saw you being homophobic I was just covering the bases and you can't try the reverse racist card when nobody knows your race

He's black wtf you're not sharing his views woooooooow youre a racist!!! Woah dude not cool it's 2021!!! Dude he's a minority and you disagree with him you literally hate black people

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adolf

Adolf Hitler only had opinions.
literally dont waste your time on this guy he is deep in the prejudice hole and will lalala anything you say
You lose an argument when you go BUT MUH FREE SPEECH WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HOMOPHOBIC :((((((((
don't even bother he doesn't even understand that hate speech is illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...