Why Does Switch tell me I only have 1GB left in SD card when I should have 20 GB leftover ?

Crowla33R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MTP is a protocol. It gives a presentation of the SDCard. This actually mounts it like an SDCard reader so you can use regular Windows tools to fix your issue. You can reboot to payload, so no need for jig and injector.

Bottom Line: Trying to get you around “can’t” and get you to where you “can” do what @Hayato213 is suggesting.

Sorry for late reply but how do you reboot to payload without using jig and rcmloader ?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
How is this different from using MTP responder to check? And loading up Hekate would mean I have to use the jig and RCM loader,no ? Wouldn't that be more inconvenient?

So how do I remove the backup on micro SD if I have it ?
While in CFW, if you open the power menu and select "restart", your switch will actually reboot back to Hekate. Hold VOL- at the splash screen to enter Hekate's menu, and bam! No need for a jig or host to inject once you've already entered CFW.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for late reply but how do you reboot to payload without using jig and rcmloader ?
Rename a copy of hetake.x.x.x.bin to /atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin.

After that, when you hold power and get to power options, hit restart and it'll reboot directly to Hetake.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Rename a copy of hetake.x.x.x.bin to /atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin.

After that, when you hold power and get to power options, hit restart and it'll reboot directly to Hetake.

Hekate can be config to do that automatically. Right?

Dude just found out about r2p and you wanna get all crazy telling him about pancake. Baby steps, man! 😂

(Pancake is awesome though.)
Ha ha ha. You are rigth. We are putting his mind on spinning

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes exactly that. Or reboot directly to UMS inside NYX. Which is the most used by me

I think if you pass a Hekate ID that doesn’t exist it will stop in Hekate main page and not execute your autoboot=1. Super helpful when you don’t want to wait around to press Vol(-) and miss it…and have to do it all again.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
DIRECTLY TO UMS?? I mean, that's cool and all, but with DBI I have no real use for that considering DBI has similar UMS functionality. (also. uh. what the hell is Nyx anyway, other than a component of hekate?)
Yes sir but you shouldn't update Atmosphère or hekate files from homebrew. Even there is a hekate config to avoid access to bootloader folder from homebrew

Last edited by impeeza,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes sir but you shouldn't update Atmosphère or hekate files from homebre. Even there are a hekate config to avoid acces to bootloader folder to homebrew
Well yeah, if I'm updating those I either reboot to hekate or, more quickly and (honestly not THAT) risky, just yank out the SD card and plug it into my PC, then put it back after the update.
Post automatically merged:

I think if you pass a Hekate ID that doesn’t exist it will stop in Hekate main page and not execute your autoboot=1. Super helpful when you don’t want to wait around to press Vol(-) and miss it…and have to do it all again.
I've never missed it so far, at least after memorizing that it's VOL-. My splash has been pretty helpful with that.

Anyway, OP, one thing I recommend you do is to backup everything on your SD card, then format the SD card, and then run h2testw (or F3 if you're a linux user, but I doubt it) on the card to see if it's fake/partially broken.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One advantage for Pancake is it builds the list of options dynamically. Less to think about when making boot option changes and it’s always just there.

• Love

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fastest way to reboot is to pull your sd card ( not sure how safe but it is FAST )

If you install Breeze you get a reboot to hekate ( need hekate.bin at the root )

Crowla33R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a noob and scaredy cat that I am I decided to inspect every folders size one by one before taking any further action.

I found a 29 GB size folder named sxos located in : Switch/External SD card/sxos It has :

emunand folder with full.00 -full.07.bin , each totalling about 4 GB each
nsp folder with desktop.ini
title folder with many TID subfolders in it but only is about 400kb
and desktop.ini

Another big folder in External SD card is called Switch with all my homebrew stuff in it totalling 600+ MB. What I don't understand is that looking with DBI there's already a partition called Homebrew that has the exact same stuff in Switch folder.

My question is that since I'm running on latest atmos, would I be able to safely delete the sxos folder with no repercussions or should I keep it? And should I delete Switch folder in Switch/External SD card? Thank you to every suggestion here !

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That folder is an old emunand set of files if you are now using Atmosphère could be deleted.

Please before di it show to us the content of the SE:/emuMMC/emummc.ini file. Just to be sure

Crowla33R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That folder is an old emunand set of files if you are now using Atmosphère could be deleted.

Please before di it show to us the content of the SE:/emuMMC/emummc.ini file. Just to be sure
Sorry for late reply. I've combed through every directory with DBI and there's no emuMMC folder.

Does this mean I can safely delete Switch/External SD card/sxos folder ? Would it have any kind of negative effect down the road ?

Last edited by Crowla33R,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also wb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Uh oh... Here comes the noise
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wow the one who uploaded the pizza tower ost got hacked
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    honestly pizza tower is basically wario land 4 but speed, and it seems like antonblast is wario land 4 with destruction
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Wait.. @Xdqwerty brought that link here to Our site, knowing it's been HACKED! :angry::angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Antonblast is more optimized than pizza tower
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone has 13% battery
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And i'm not in my house so i can't use my PC
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    gasp you need to touch grass instead of using the phone!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @linuxares, I already touched grass years ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the doctors hands when you were just being born?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Us 40-50+ yr olds made it without phones or internet, and now kids freak out without having either. We would roll marbles for fun, no joke!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I played a little bit of snowday I'd say it's worth $10
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Then i should kill myself for being young
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty whatever, lets be a little more dramatic. I'm just saying times have changed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Talk about suicide really should be in the tos it's getting a little out of control in the shitbox I get people go through things but it's really a sensitive subject that shouldn't really be public
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Did you ever talk to your grandma or big brother about your feelings? If not you def should. It's ok, nobody is hating on you, you just should not be afraid to ask for help. Everybody at some time in they life goes thru things, and most are afraid to ask for help, but you should.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You could get some asshole in here that's all like do it do it and someone actually does why it should really be against the rules imo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i'm too coward :cry:
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i'm too coward :cry: