Why does Pokemon Y run smoother on my O3DS compared to my N3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by jwitz, Jan 20, 2016.

1. jwitz
    OP

jwitz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Both are CIA installs, rxtools/emunand. On my N3DS when roller blading the game is often slowing down and when I move from a route into a town it also slows down. This happens slightly on O3DS but nowhere near the same.

2. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
    It shouldn't if your on a N3ds. If you installed it with a CIA it is most likely that your SD card is slow I recommend getting a class 10 or faster.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  3. jwitz
    OP

jwitz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Is it possible to copy all installed titles over to a new sd, or do i need to reinstall? Cheers

4. Osga21

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    I believe you can just copy everything and it'll work fine.

5. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
    Yes it is possible, but since you have EmuNand installed it would make the process require a few more steps. There is a guide Here. Just scroll down until you see the header "How to move Games, Saves, Themes, and Emunand to a new SD card". I recommend buying this Micro SD card (Unless you prefer another brand, storage amount, or speed).

6. myangel

myangel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    Use HDD Raw Copy Tool Easiest just create img from old sd card and use that image on new sd card and done no need to do anything anymore

i use this one to backup stable emunand + coldboot too

7. bytar

bytar GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Morocco
    every old games are slower on new 3ds then the orijinals. hans with high cpu clock rate fixes it but it doesn't allow to play online.

AyanamiRei likes this.