Gaming Why does pokemon ORAS lag on n3dsXL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I got a N3DSXL for my birthday, and I also got Omega Ruby. I noticed that the battles actually have lag, I tried it on my old 3ds and it does the same thing? Why does it still lag on the N3DS?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
because the game was made for the 3ds. the game doesn't know about the N3DS upgraded hardware, therefore it runs exactly like on a normal 3ds...

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New 3DS will actually downclock itself to be the same exact speeds as the regular O3DS whenever you play games that don't support it. Since OA came out before the New 3DS, the code doesn't know it exists, and thus, doesn't ask for the better speeds (which would result in better framerate).

At least, this is how I understood the process.

Reactions: anotherthing

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Considering how lazy and greed gamefreak/nintendo is ot's capable they will release pokémon ZX and ZY with new Zygarde forma that will be a sightly updated X and Y versions, for full price and using the New 3DS better specs as their selling point, maybe evento been exclusive for the New 3DS

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Can't they just send out an update that optimizes it, or that makes it utilize the almost double performance of the new 3ds?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Can't they just send out an update that optimizes it, or that makes it utilize the almost double performance of the new 3ds?

Not really. A patch that large would almost constitute a new game, considering the exefs would be almost completely rewritten and stuff would be so incredibly different. Although, if they could figure out how to optimize their shitty battle engine to run better on the old hardware, that'd be great. Regular games can render much more and not lag at all, but you can't render two Pokemon models, let alone 4 or more.

ffs GF get your shit together. You're better than this.

Edit: As well, they might be able to pull a Black/White/Black 2/White 2, where it'll run on both kinds of hardware, but if running on the newer hardware, it'll take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."