Hacking Why does people like to spread bulls***?

D

Deleted User

If Nintendo bricked people who softmodded their consoles I think there would be a big stir.
Sure, Miiverse admins can be overzealous (and honestly I blame the community for making them that way) but they only handle Miiverse. You're unlikely to get your NNID blocked unless you were somehow using it to hack Nintendo's servers or something.
The most Nintendo does is force you to update to use eShop and cancel your warranty if they find softmods.

Reactions: Arubaro

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I had a discussion with certain people at a Facebook group, and guez, man, that was the most shity page I ever entered.

Is about 3DS/WiiU scene information, in spanish and is aimed to the Latinoamerican people.

Recently I joined them in hope to share nice info and help others. What I got?

A bunch of stupid people claiming that some of us don't know nothing and that we were stupid.

It all started with the new method to get cias from the eShop, everyone is freaked about for bans, claiming baselessly that Nintendo WILL ban the shit out of you for using such thing.
If that were true, Nintendo had banned us since the day we started to use pirated .cias.

Another thing was people bashing the work of the devs for their tools because of bricks; they only did bad procedures, the programs are not bad.

My point to post this info here is that the admin of that certain 3DS/WiiU scene for latinoamerica, is a member of this forum, and should feel bad for allowing such shity people there.

I know this seems to be only a drama, but I dislike a lot people who puts at shame the hard work of the scene devs, such as the CFW developers, tools and recently @cearp for his latest contribution, wich became very popular in only two days (though it was available since two years ago if I'm not mistaken).

That kind of attitude is becoming like a cancer on many groups, and the only place where I feel safe is here, so I'm truly very thankfull to GBATemp.

So, that's my point, I hope o rewrite this later but without crying lel (intended joke from those groups).

I left the group and I hope they drown with their own bullshi**.

People like feeling like they know or understand something. When they lack real knowledge, they present assumed knowledge as fact. Fear becomes reality, anger becomes justification. The more they can convince, the more validation they have. People have a hard time being wrong or being okay with tentative knowledge.

It sucks. It should be something that people in learn highschool, but rarely do even in college.

Last edited by osaka35,
D

Deleted User

People like feeling like they know or understand something. When they lack real knowledge, they present assumed knowledge as fact. Fear becomes reality, anger becomes justification. The more they can convince, the more validation they have. People have a hard time being wrong or being okay with tentative knowledge.

It sucks. It should be something that people in learn highschool, but rarely do even in college.
I typically say things like "if I'm not mistaken", "I think" or "I'm not completely sure but" to avoid arrogantly confirming something I haven't researched enough as fact.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I typically say things like "if I'm not mistaken", "I think" or "I'm not completely sure but" to avoid arrogantly confirming something I haven't researched enough as fact.
yeah me too.
i wish plalect did that because he was pretty aversive to my (in my opinon) constructive criticism - that made me a bit annoyed... :)

Reactions: DSoryu

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone is acting crazy and im just here, downloading cias from that iso site just like ive always do :v

i really appreciate any new tool that gets released, but i dont want to change the old method of getting cias (also cuz i still cant figure out how to use ciangel xD)

in short words, americans.

Reactions: CeeDee

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
everyone is acting crazy and im just here, downloading cias from that iso site just like ive always do :v

i really appreciate any new tool that gets released, but i dont want to change the old method of getting cias (also cuz i still cant figure out how to use ciangel xD)

In this case, more like Latins lol.
Well, they're still salty in the group about me it seems. I could post SS but that's a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this case, more like Latins lol.
Well, they're still salty in the group about me it seems. I could post SS but that's a bit ridiculous if you ask me.
well i'm from latin murica too, but not all of us are dorks and salty kids that talks bullshit all the time :v

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
The same thing (sort of) happened to me once...
A few days after MenuHax' first release, on some pretty big tech website, there was an article about it that said it would enable piracy and that Nintendo could brick you with an update if you install it.
After leaving a comment about how there was absolutely no risk, and that piracy wasn't possible because the HBL was running entirely in Userland, at first I received plenty of retarded answers - like there was no way of pirating on the 3DS without a Sky3DS, or that Nintendo can see exactly what you're doing on your console with your NNID - and then they banned me.
Oh well :P

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit happens here, but the OP is worried about one page full of facebook propaganda and since this is the web no one really cares because they can get away with saying whatever they want.

Only the real talk the real talk, you need to identify whats legit or not. You can't than learn how to or educate yourself. Only a handful here at gbatemp know their shit, not EVERY MEMBER does.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Shit happens here, but the OP is worried about one page full of facebook propaganda and since this is the web no one really cares because they can get away with saying whatever they want.

Only the real talk the real talk, you need to identify whats legit or not. You can't than learn how to or educate yourself. Only a handful here at gbatemp know their shit, not EVERY MEMBER does.
I admit I only know a handful and not everything xD

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why not just use DTK? It's better than going through a ton of adfly links and slow downloads.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I think I know the group you are talking about, I joined when the group just was funded, it wasn't cancerigenous back then, but there was a lot of worshiping towards some spanish youtubers (specially one who is known for stealing stuff from the scene and stamp his name in the tools, his tutorial doesn't make you install bootctrmanager, it makes you install the yakarea boot menu), eventually I left and joined a much nicer group.

Actually one guy came from there a week ago claiming he was flamed to hell for asking the official release of something instead of using some prepacked zip of some Luis guy.

Makes me wanna join that group and start shit there hahaha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: