Gaming Why does my Wii makes weird noise when I turn it on?

Solution
Yep exactly as sks316 says we need to hear the sound. A better option would be to video your wii on your phone then upload it to YouTube. That way we can see and hear exactly when it make the noises

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
We can't help you if we can't hear the problem. Simply saying "help my Wii is making a noise" doesn't give us any insight into what the issue is. Try uploading the audio or video file to a file sharing service like Google Drive or Dropbox.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is he like... cursing you? Or farting? I don't think that's normal. If you're talking about the sound that goes like: Prrrrrrrrr.... prrr... then it's the disc drive and you shouldn't worry about it that much... unles he's screaming at you: FEEED ME SEYMOUR... you run

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The YouTube video works. But the link is bad/wrong. YouTube Link manually (because the forum software automatically tries media embedding and this fails in ASK!

It sounds like some kind of rattling in the drive.

Open the Wii, have a look at the drive. Any junk inside? Look what happens inside the drive while open (I don't know if it turns on the laser directly on power on – so DON'T look into the lens!!)

-- or --

Simply ignore it and don't use the drive at all. Sooner or later all the lasers will burn out and the mechanical parts age. USB loading should keep our Wii consoles alive for quite some time.

Good luck and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1