Why does my Firefox do this?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, Aug 13, 2007.

Aug 13, 2007

Why does my Firefox do this? by Harsky at 1:22 AM (901 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I like Firefox. I really do. But some days, it does something so annoying that I flip out. This is one of those cases. Today, my Firefix decided to "reset" itself and show up as if I installed it for the first time. Deleting my bookmarks and changing all the things I liked about it to default. Luckily the bookmarks were backed up using a firefox plugin but one of the question I want to know is that when ever I open a fairly large picture, it auto resizes it to fit on my screen. Now, granted I've been using FF for a while but I honestly can't remember if this happened at all before the "reset" so I might as well ask, how do I stop it from autoresizing?

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Hmm...I don't remember Firefox never not auto-resizing images. Just click on it (even when its loading) and it will make the image fullsize.

Also, with the newest Firefox, you don't need an extension to save your bookmarks. Firefox automatically saves your last 5 days of bookmarks to your harddrive for just such a case.

3. philco1

Member philco1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your best bet is to go to firefox's tech support on IRC ... I had issues with my FF and they helped me fix it up. LOL there was a time where I couldnt dl stuff w/ firefox.

Jumpman ... your avatar is too much

4. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Huh, I guess that was what I was doing but I did it so many times, I never paid any attention to realising I was clicking on the image to enlarge it. I have the latest firefox but when it did the mass reset thing, the bookmarks were reverted back to the time of when I transfered the settings from my old laptop to my current one. Maybe I never configured it properly... wonder how I should do this?

5. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Why not give opera a try, you'll never know you may like it more (like me [​IMG])

6. MetaKz

Newcomer MetaKz Advanced Member

Canada
    Aw, I hate when it does that. It's only happened to me once.

I think it has something to do with making a new profile or something on firefox. So it changes your default profile. Yeah it's a little weird, but that's ok. There is a bunch on restoring it on the firefox website.

Also, my pictures don't resize themselves initially. I forgot what I did for that too [​IMG] However, I can still click the pictures to make them fit within the browser.

7. acidrain

Newcomer acidrain Advanced Member

Canada
    Stopping the auto-resize is really simple.
    First, type about:config in the adress bar.
    Then, find the "browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing" key (use the filter) and double-clic on it, it will change to false.

8. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    try disabling some plugins
    btw, could you be using vista?
    FF turns into a buggy piece of crap on vista though the latest update made it more stable

9. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    i LOVE you, i was after this for 1 year.