Why does my Firefox do this?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like Firefox. I really do. But some days, it does something so annoying that I flip out. This is one of those cases. Today, my Firefix decided to "reset" itself and show up as if I installed it for the first time. Deleting my bookmarks and changing all the things I liked about it to default. Luckily the bookmarks were backed up using a firefox plugin but one of the question I want to know is that when ever I open a fairly large picture, it auto resizes it to fit on my screen. Now, granted I've been using FF for a while but I honestly can't remember if this happened at all before the "reset" so I might as well ask, how do I stop it from autoresizing?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I don't remember Firefox never not auto-resizing images. Just click on it (even when its loading) and it will make the image fullsize.

Also, with the newest Firefox, you don't need an extension to save your bookmarks. Firefox automatically saves your last 5 days of bookmarks to your harddrive for just such a case.

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet is to go to firefox's tech support on IRC ... I had issues with my FF and they helped me fix it up. LOL there was a time where I couldnt dl stuff w/ firefox.

Jumpman ... your avatar is too much

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm...I don't remember Firefox never not auto-resizing images. Just click on it (even when its loading) and it will make the image fullsize.

Also, with the newest Firefox, you don't need an extension to save your bookmarks. Firefox automatically saves your last 5 days of bookmarks to your harddrive for just such a case.
Huh, I guess that was what I was doing but I did it so many times, I never paid any attention to realising I was clicking on the image to enlarge it. I have the latest firefox but when it did the mass reset thing, the bookmarks were reverted back to the time of when I transfered the settings from my old laptop to my current one. Maybe I never configured it properly... wonder how I should do this?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why not give opera a try, you'll never know you may like it more (like me
biggrin.gif
)

MetaKz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aw, I hate when it does that. It's only happened to me once.

I think it has something to do with making a new profile or something on firefox. So it changes your default profile. Yeah it's a little weird, but that's ok. There is a bunch on restoring it on the firefox website.

Also, my pictures don't resize themselves initially. I forgot what I did for that too
frown.gif
However, I can still click the pictures to make them fit within the browser.

acidrain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stopping the auto-resize is really simple.
First, type about:config in the adress bar.
Then, find the "browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing" key (use the filter) and double-clic on it, it will change to false.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
try disabling some plugins
btw, could you be using vista?
FF turns into a buggy piece of crap on vista though the latest update made it more stable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...