why does it feel better to play retro games on hacked console?

576VoltKawaii

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's because you're playing on an actual console, rather than on a computer, I think, and consoles are made for games, so I feel that it could be that.

I feel very comfortable for instance playing Mario World hacks on my hacked Wii, the reason being is that it's on a screen and I have an actual remote for it rather than a keyboard or different controller such as a DualShock 3 which is what I normally use for playing games with.

Or it could just be it reminds you of the nostalgia you used to have for the game when you originally played it before, but I'm not sure on that. Very interesting topic for discussion, by the way! (^_^)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah yes, nothing beats the original hardware. but playing nintendo games on Wii is probably the closest experience I can get. maybe I am just consoling myself because I cannot access the original hardwares :)

I also agree that there is something special about playing old school Nintendo games on Wii/vWii. Last week I found myself being giddy at playing Final Fight on SNES 9x GX. Maybe it's the feeling of having a console that feels like the culmination of all of Nintendo's efforts. NX is really going to throw me a loop because I have NES to Wii U all in one place and now Nintendo tosses us this monkey wrench.

Reactions: eriol33
D

Deleted User

ah yes, nothing beats the original hardware. but playing nintendo games on Wii is probably the closest experience I can get. maybe I am just consoling myself because I cannot access the original hardwares :)
Well i have wii/wii u and xbox 360 and i tried snes emulator on both. Every game works perfect on both expect yoshi's island. On the wii i have some minor frameskips but on the 360 the game works perfect. So on the wii there are more emulators for sure but as functionality goes I think xbox 360 can handle emulation better then the wii. It's much more powerful system. Although i tried only snes emulator. But it doesn't mean i like xbox more then wii. Wii for me is third best console after the psp and the ds.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i see it as a unlawful way of doing something you aren't supposed to make it looks swag. :mthr:
When i can play sonic adventure 2 and other gamecube games like melee and brawl on my android, YOU KNOW IS COOL! :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I actually prefer to play on the original hardware just so the experience is authentic. Emulators take away the authenticity of retro gaming for me, because, I'm not playing on the original hardware, with the original controller or the cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte