Homebrew Why does de usbloader gx app does not appear in my homebrew channel?

mercadoelissa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have put the folder with the three files both in a folder named wiiU/apps and a folder named apps that is in the root of my DS card but it does not show up in homebrew. Could it be I downloaded it from the wrong place? I have a hacked Wii U updated to the latest version.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
USB Loader GX is a Wii homebrew app. Unless a Wii U version has come out, there is no reason it SHOULD work on Wii U; their homebrew is completely different.

mercadoelissa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm completely clueless. Is there a way to load wfbs fiels using either this app or anotherone either in the hombrew channel of the Wii U (preferably) or the hombrew channel of the Wii mode?

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm completely clueless. Is there a way to load wfbs fiels using either this app or anotherone either in the hombrew channel of the Wii U (preferably) or the hombrew channel of the Wii mode?
You can use USB Loader GX to load WBFS games, but don't ask about that here. It's loaded (usually) through the Wii Homebrew Channel.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
as nobody told you, I will :

You need to put USBLoader_gx folder inside the /apps/ folder, not inside /wiiu/apps/ !

like said above, this loader can't be used to launch WiiU games.
There's no need to use a game launcher for wiiu games as games are installed directly and officially into the console or HDD.

There is a game loader called Loadiine, but it doesn't have network access (you can't play online), and not all games are working.
Though, you don't need a CFW at all.

You can launch USBLoaderGX directly from WiiU installed channel (no need to launch vWii mode first), but it will NOT load wiiU games. It's a Wii and Gamecube loader only.
there are two different methods to do it :

Method 1
: WiiU WiiVC injector script.
1- install the wiiu channel with WUP installer
2- put USBLoaderGX in sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder

with this method, you need to injects USBLoaderGX forwarder into a WiiU Wii virtual console channel
Cons: You need to create the channel yourself. It will launch USBLoaderGX directly, but USB will not work. This is useful if you want to launch Nintendont from USBLoaderGX interface. Only SD card works.
pros: advantage is that nintendont will work on the WiiU Gamepad.

Method 2 : USBLoaderGX forwarder for WiiU.
1- install the wiiu channel with WUP installer
2- install the Wii forwarder channel on vWii with a WAD manager
3- put USBLoaderGX in sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder

With this method, you need to install a homebrew wiiU channel forwarder on WiiU mode, and a Wii channel forwarder on vWii mode.
this forwarder will launch another forwarder located on vWii, which his turn will launch USBLoaderGX.

Cons: you don't have WiiU gamepad support in games.
Pros: you don't need to create the channel yourself. Everything is working (SD, USB, Wii, gamecube, nand, emuNAND, neek, cheats, settings, etc.)

Last edited by Cyan,

mercadoelissa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for your ansers to everyone!!! I have been able to play both Wii U and Wii games downloaded from the web. Jut one last question (Hope it goes in this section):

I am playing Wi games with wfbs via the homebrw channel from the Wii mode with the cfg app. I used an usb to test the first games I downloaded putting them in it with Wii Backup Manager: However I would like to nuy another USB to use it only for Wii games. If I copy/paste the wfbs folder from one USB to the other, will I be able to continue playing the games I've started without loosing my progress?

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your ansers to everyone!!! I have been able to play both Wii U and Wii games downloaded from the web. Jut one last question (Hope it goes in this section):

I am playing Wi games with wfbs via the homebrw channel from the Wii mode with the cfg app. I used an usb to test the first games I downloaded putting them in it with Wii Backup Manager: However I would like to nuy another USB to use it only for Wii games. If I copy/paste the wfbs folder from one USB to the other, will I be able to continue playing the games I've started without loosing my progress?
You should be able to. It might be safer to copy everything on the USB stick though.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can do that.
for wii games, The savegames are stored on the console, so there's no problem copying the iso (or wbfs files) to another drive.
For WiiU games, it's on the console OR on the wiiu HDD (not on your FAT32 at all).

The only exception is for Wii games, in case you use "partial emulated nand" for savegames.
this option is used to redirect savegame from internal to external device (SD or USB) in case your console doesn't have enough memory to store all your savegames, or just if you can't your savegame to be portable.

One thing you should not do :
don't plug more than one vWii HDD at the same time, with homebrew resources (covers, settings, etc.) stored on USB. it can (will) corrupt your drive.
Only use one HDD plug, and put the homebrew on SD card for safety.
it's possible to put every files to USB instead of SD, but only if you use one HDD, not more.

Last edited by Cyan,

mercadoelissa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yes, you can do that.
for wii games, The savegames are stored on the console, so there's no problem copying the iso (or wbfs files) to another drive.
For WiiU games, it's on the console OR on the wiiu HDD (not on your FAT32 at all).

The only exception is for Wii games, in case you use "partial emulated nand" for savegames.
this option is used to redirect savegame from internal to external device (SD or USB) in case your console doesn't have enough memory to store all your savegames, or just if you can't your savegame to be portable.

One thing you should not do :
don't plug more than one vWii HDD at the same time, with homebrew resources (covers, settings, etc.) stored on USB. it can (will) corrupt your drive.
Only use one HDD plug, and put the homebrew on SD card for safety.
it's possible to put every files to USB instead of SD, but only if you use one HDD, not more.

Sory for my ignorance but I did not understand the last parragraph, please, could you exlain it to me in more detail?. Also, if I understood you correctly, based on what you told me I have another question:I already have the wii homebrew instlled in the wii mode of my wii u for some time now, not an SD card or USB, is there a risk that something bad happens to my wii u boecause of this? Should I install the homebrew in an SD or a USB? If so, how do I do that and can it be he same USB I'm planning on buying for Wii games?

Last edited by mercadoelissa,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which homebrew did you install to your console's memory ?
it's usually not recommended to install homebrew (the actual program), but instead to install a channel forwarder (which will load the program on SD or USB).

doing that, it's easier to update or replace the actual program (just replace the boot.dol on your SD card).
if you choose the "full channel" method instead of using a forwarder channel, the program is located inside the channel and you don't need the SD or USB, but if you want to update it you'll have to re-access your console's memory, re-take the risk to edit it and replace its content.
the less you touch your memory, the better.

now, about what I said.
the user before my previous post said "copy everything on the USB!".
I wasn't sure :
if he meant "you should copy ALL your current USB content to the new USB drive", thinking you would only copy the /wbfs/ folder and not transfer the rest, and he suggested you copy also the other folders of the USB to the new one
or
if he meant "you should ALSO put your SD card's content to USB and use USB only!".

using USB only, and not using SD card at all is possible, but it has a risk of corrupting your USB if you don't use a correctly setup environment.
So, I was warning you, in case you choose to put ALL your data to USB and stop using SD card, that it can be dangerous.

The problem is this, when using 2 HDDs :
if you put the homebrew on SD, and all the files on SD (settings, game covers, cheats, etc.), and you use the option to mount both HDD at the same time, then there's no problem.
the loader mount the SD, and ONE hdd at a time. to switch the current hdd, it hard shutdowns the port and mount the second port.
the SD is never unmount, and all active files are still accessed by the loader (settings, theme, music, etc.)

If you put all the homebrew and resources on USB, and use 2 HDD at the same time, this is very bad for you.
USBLoaderGX is having a link to the currently opened files (played music, settings, jpg to display in the loader, etc.), when shutting down the USB to mount the other port, it losts access to the active links to the files required to function correctly. the loader crashes (at best) or writes data on the second USB in the expected location of the first one (at worst) corrupting your drive.

My recommendation is : ALWAYS use SD card !
don't follow users who tell you to put ALL your files to USB. it's okay if you use only one USB HDD, but getting used to SD card would prevent issues.

Last edited by Cyan,

mercadoelissa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for your anser. I noticed after I hacked my wii U (using mocha and the brain age ds game) that I can only use it with the SD with the files I download it inserted. Is it ok if use a USB ONLY for Wii wbfs files while having inserted the SD with the homebrew files of the Wii U? Also I have installed the Homebrew Channel both in the Wii mode of the Wii U and the Wii U as a channel.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can use SD card with both Wii and WiiU files at the same time. no conflict.
wii homebrew are located in /apps/
WiiU are located in /wiiu/apps/

For Wii and gamecube games:
USB is for /wbfs/ and /games/
SD is for /games/ (wii games on SD doesn't work with USBLoaderGX but work with Wiiflow and CFGLoader)

Last edited by Cyan,

mercadoelissa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you can use SD card with both Wii and WiiU files at the same time. no conflict.
wii homebrew are located in /apps/
WiiU are located in /wiiu/apps/

For Wii and gamecube games:
USB is for /wbfs/ and /games/
SD is for /games/ (wii games on SD doesn't work with USBLoaderGX but work with Wiiflow and CFGLoader)
So is it ok if I have a usb for wbfs wii games only and use an SD card for Wii U?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure to understand.

Use SD card for both, actually. WiiU homebrew and vWii homebrew.
and USB for Wii ISO and gamecbue ISO files only.

no reason to put the wii homebrew on USB too.

sd:/apps/ <put wii homebrew here>
sd:/wiiu/apps/ <put wiiu homebrew here>
sd:/games/ <put gamecube iso here (optional, or mandatory if you want wiiu gamepad support)>
usb:/wbfs/ <put wii iso here>
usb:/games/ <put gamecube iso here> remember, USB will not work if you want WiiU gamepad support.
WiiU or WiiU HDD : <put WiiU games here> <put Wii games or gamecube games injected into virtual channels here if you want gamepad support>

Last edited by Cyan,

mercadoelissa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
thanks a lot for your answer. One las question please: Is it normal that since I Installed the Wii U Hombrew channel every time I exit a game or the homebrew channel by the close software option my Wii U freezes and I cannot turn it off an have to disconnect it and connect it again and turn it on again fo me to be able to continue using my Wii U? Does my Wii U can get damaged if I turn it off by disconnecting it from the plug or the end of the cable of the Wii U? As I mentioned before I Install the hombrew using the Brain Age game and mocha and my Wii U has the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality