Homebrew Why do you think Smealum recommends not updating if you're on 10.1 or below?

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just not certain if eShop spoofing can be fixed again. Seeing as themehax and browserhax were patched people would want to stay on those firmwares.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think 10.1 breaks Themehax?
10.2 breaks it.

Pretty much guys Smealum is the Word of Law in the scene for nowuntill we have something Perma like CN thats free (think like a PSP Jigkick Battery+ Magic Memory stick combo on a 1k) if he tells us to sit still at a certain FW we sit still as like w/ 10.2 to 10.3 he got Ironhax to work/ninjax but for Ironhax we needed a Entrypoint to UPDATE the payload so ergo if he relases an updated payload, update wait a few days and if nothing new then Update.

atm the only NEED to update from 10.1 to 10.3 is NNID related things (streetpass/Miiverse/Some online games/eShop). there's no Benifit or kernel exploit it w/e sittin in 10.3.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's obviously because the higher you update the least chance you have of running homebrew. it's that simple.

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
My o3ds firmware is 9.0.0-20U. Should I upgrade it to newest fw 10.3? Will my o3ds be smoother? It plays Omega Ruby and MGS Snake Eater so laggy.

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing that Nintendo has been stepping up their game lately, I can see Nintendo putting many hidden countermeasures in 10.2+ that will set us back, probably to the point where they can stop us from using homebrew as soon as Smea releases an update or something new. Nintendo made a smart move to disable BrowserHax right after Smea released Hax 2.5 because many people used BrowserHax to update their MenuHax since TubeHax was blocked.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That seems to be only for you then, ORAS runs at 60FPS on 3D on N3DS XL for me.

ORAS gets CPU intensive when you find a horde encounter. As far as I'm aware the n3DS doesn't make 3DS games before it's time faster, which is one of the reasons I would have gotten an N3DS for, but alas it isn't so.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ORAS gets CPU intensive when you find a horde encounter. As far as I'm aware the n3DS doesn't make 3DS games before it's time faster, which is one of the reasons I would have gotten an N3DS for, but alas it isn't so.

I believe so. I think it only improves loading times, because with smash it loads 18 seconds faster compared to O3DS. Maybe I was not lagging because of the pokemon I was fighting against. But to be honest, the game does not lag that bad on O3DS anyways.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In some doubles/threes/rotations/hordes the FPS is horribly low, sometimes even in a normal battle it'll drop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)