Hardware Why do you think 3DS has such a weak library + no online

Why do you think 3DS has such a weak library + no online (browser, eshop) for now?

• 3DS is a rushed piece of work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo wanted to do this on purpose

• Give 3rd parties a chance!

• Games need time to develop...

• Nintendo wants to make sure everything is complete

• Other reasons? State below!

• Total voters

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Have you ever wondered why the 3DS has SO LITTLE for now? In terms of games, software in the system, all lacking!

For me, I find that Nintendo is doing it on purpose (for 2 reasons). I'm not going to list the reasons here, as one of the reasons are in a fanboy's point of view and might offend some.

So, what do you think? Why are the games taking SOOOO LONG? Why isn't the browser here yet? Please poll and if possible, comment!

Note:
The poll is multiple choice
No fanboy wars here please
No nasty comments

Thanks!
laugh.gif

N00ByBo0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
'Nintendo wants to make sure everything is complete'

Nintendo make sure everything is exploit free as-well as taking the time nothing have bugs or anything.

This also applies for games. Peoples say there's a lack of 'good' games right now but Nintendo want good games that are NOT rushed.

However, the 3DS design is crap. I got 2 big scratches on the top screen due to the touchscreen.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
N00ByBo0 said:
'Nintendo wants to make sure everything is complete'

Nintendo make sure everything is exploit free as-well as taking the time nothing have bugs or anything.

This also applies for games. Peoples say there's a lack of 'good' games right now but Nintendo want good games that are NOT rushed.

However, the 3DS design is crap. I got 2 big scratches on the top screen due to the touchscreen.
To me the 3DS design is MUCH BETTER than the previous. Feels more stable and well-built compared to the DS Lite/DSi/LL/XL.

The scratches won't really happen if you use a screen protector though.

EDIT: okay it's 12:02 pm now... Time to head out to the streets to fill StreetPass tags!! Happy polling!

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compared to the truly bad DS launch lineup, I'd say were doing a lot better:

Super Mario 64 DS
Asphalt Urban GT
The Urbz: Sims in the City
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Spider-Man 2
Madden NFL 2005
Metroid Prime Hunters – First Hunt (Demo)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
AlanJohn said:
Because Nintendo is "Taking online gaming seriously"
hate2.gif
Well, the 3DS online is okay i guess... (not as good as consoles though)

I really hope for some seriousness for the online.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Sausage Head said:
because it was just released
This is honestly the best answer. Just wait, the system is only a couple months old, of course it isn't gonna have a crap ton of games. And Nintendo already stated they are holding back to give third party developers a better start. It's all on the third parties right now and aren't really making the most of it. Give it a few more months to pick up before you start trying to look into it too deeply.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
because Nintendo knows fanboys would buy it day one (sadly I did so too) and they were foolish in thinking that the demand would be crazy high, and as a result didn't give a rats ass about actual content.
3.61 million and growing is not crazy high demand?

Anyway enjoying my 3DS right now and some people are being harsh on the certain games.

My picks.
QUOTEGive 3rd parties a chance!
Games need time to develop...
Nintendo wants to make sure everything is complete

D

Deleted User

Look, two types of people will be in this thread.
1- People who own 3DSes
2- People who don't.

There will be bias.

I think it has a weak library as Ninty punted it out for release early, because they wanted to release it at the end of the last fiscal year. So it was rushed. That is the reason. (Otherwise, I see no reason for not releasing LoZ:OoT 3D alongside the 3DS as a launch game, or even bundling Pilotwings with it)

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is obvious, everyone is an idiot. All gaming systems have this problem when they first come out >.> and because you think the line up is weak doesnt mean it is. Nintendogs was a great seller on the ds during its launch and now its still an amazing seller. Don't worry in a few years nostalgia will block all these bad thoughts and just let you remember the best things about the 3ds just like every other gaming console.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at history no gaming machine launched with more than 20 games in the first few months. Most of these were not stellar triple A games. Granted each system usually has one or two in it's initial relase, and the 3DS is no different. Also, if you consider backwards compatability, it has the entire DS library to fall back on. That is by no means weak.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
People on the web are complaining about OMG THE 3DS LIBRARY SUCKS IT'S SO WEAK!!!!

Some of you might think that it has the whole DS library (yes, it is true), but remember most people only get interested in new stuff (and that is 3DS software). They likely won't consider the old anymore.

As for the biasness, hmmm... what can I do?

Posts merged

People on the web are complaining about OMG THE 3DS LIBRARY SUCKS IT'S SO WEAK!!!!

Some of you might think that it has the whole DS library (yes, it is true), but remember most people only get interested in new stuff (and that is 3DS software). They likely won't consider the old anymore.

As for the biasness, hmmm... what can I do?

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I don't find it that weak. I won 5 games, used to own 6. I have Ridge Racer, Street Fighter, PilotWings, Rayman, and Samurai Warriors. I used to own Splinter Cell. The only reason I sold Splinter Cell, was because I hated the controls. Anyway, all the games I've played 3-4 hours+. The game I've played most is Samurai Warriors, and I'm at 11 hours, and I'm still not done it.

However, I do agree with the online being lacking. The only game with online is Street Fighter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night