Why do you pirate games?

D

Deleted User

Yes, but that doesn't make it right. You are still using a product without having the right to use it.
You could say I also don't have the right to use a photo I took with the 3DS camera because of what the user agreement says.
By accepting this Agreement or using a Nintendo 3DS System or the Nintendo 3DS Service, you also grant to Nintendo a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display your User Content in whole or in part and to incorporate your User Content in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. (Chapter 1, Nintendo 3DS End User License Agreement)

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Nintendo has no regard of abusing any non-Japanese employee, considering how much Retro studio hate their master piece.
2. Games made by EA and activision are just not worth the money.
3. Cheats to get through some annoying parts of a game.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
  1. Don't want to pay for a game of another region when I do already own the European one
  2. Sometime I pirate a game for creating cheat codes and then never touch it again. Not worth paying for them.
  3. Some games aren't released here (Tales of Graces for the Wii for example which is beautiful game)
  4. Rare retro games are totally overpriced.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. So I can access the game anywhere. I load up Splatoon frrom my SDHC when I want, even if I lost the disc.

2. To access what you couldn't previously have. Textures and audio are the biggest reason for me, I love texture hacking and emulating custom content.

3. The reason everyone pirates. Some people are just not willing to pay 55€ for Smash even after it's been long released, myself included. Why not pirate it instead? I have 5 other Wii U games, I have a clear conscience despite pirating one for my collection.

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Gallade, it'd be more stealing if they were profiting from piracy. (fingers maybe pointed at ad.fly harpees, but I won't say it out of parenthesis)
There have been times I've paid for a game that ended up being legit vaporware, so maybe that's why I'm not such a moral-crusading knight over the subject.

That all being said, this topic doesn't belong on the site at all. This is more of a 'news and discussion' intended site. Piracy happens for a plethora of reasons that haven't really changed at all. It's a buzzword that tries to cover a number of 'breaches of Copyright Law'
Content creators (at least some) will tell you that someone who pirates something, that is a past customer, and continues to buy their products, are not the sort they aim to go after.
The ones that are doing something that is not-in-the-gray are those who sell bootlegs and profit off of pilfering others work. I think plagiarist would be the 'nicest' term you could give such a person. (/pretendingtoseriouslyreply)*Since some of you skim and reply*

Support what you love, whether you borrow things or not. This thread has a shit title. You're a scab, feel bad.

Last edited by sl0ps,

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, Gallade, it'd be more stealing if they were profiting from piracy. (fingers maybe pointed at ad.fly harpees, but I won't say it out of parenthesis)
There have been times I've paid for a game that ended up being legit vaporware, so maybe that's why I'm not such a moral-crusading knight over the subject.

That all being said, this topic doesn't belong on the site at all. This is more of a 'news and discussion' intended site. Piracy happens for a plethora of reasons that haven't really changed at all. It's a buzzword that tries to cover a number of 'breaches of Copyright Law'
Content creators (at least some) will tell you that someone who pirates something, that is a past customer, and continues to buy their products, are not the sort they aim to go after.
The ones that are doing something that is not-in-the-gray are those who sell bootlegs and profit off of pilfering others work. I think plagiarist would be the 'nicest' term you could give such a person.

Support what you love, whether you borrow things or not. This thread has a shit title. You're a scab, feel bad.
Dude, it's in the EOF for a reason.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Because I'm not paying £40 for a copy of Xenoblade chronicles for Wii. As collecting is getting harder to do, people are pirating because people aren't budging on keeping games on their shelves. Then there's game shops that keep rare games on glass cases for absurd prices so they can keep them longer.

I also like digital media. I know it's piracy but it's copying, not stealing. I like having a neatly organised PS2 folder on my computer for OPL, or a large database on USB loader GX on my Wii U. It's easier, takes up less space and memory is cheap - games are not.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1