Why do you need to get immunized?

MichaelXD

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
14
Trophies
0
XP
184
Country
United States
If everyone else is getting immunized, shouldn't you be fine with not getting a few shots or any? I don't get it. Then if someone gets sick, they blame the child for not being vaccinated and bringing measles into the school starting an outbreak.
 

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
34,120
Trophies
2
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
23,037
Country
United Kingdom
In some ways it is the same notion as everybody else having insurance.

In others then vaccines are not 100% effective (sometimes they wear off, other times they are just not) but if essentially everybody is wandering around at 90% the 10% might not come into contact with each other (it effectively isolates them from other viable hosts) and thus transmission does not happen. More people that get it the more cost it is (treatment for most things people vaccinate for is considerably expensive, and even if you get it in time might have life long lasting impacts), and you also risk a mutation into something worse.

There are also those that can't get them. People with bad immune systems, people recovering from serious health conditions, people allergic to ingredients used within them (many vaccines are made using eggs, wheat and other things people struggle with, though there are increasingly alternatives made for those people).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

MichaelXD

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
14
Trophies
0
XP
184
Country
United States
In some ways it is the same notion as everybody else having insurance.

In others then vaccines are not 100% effective (sometimes they wear off, other times they are just not) but if essentially everybody is wandering around at 90% the 10% might not come into contact with each other (it effectively isolates them from other viable hosts) and thus transmission does not happen. More people that get it the more cost it is (treatment for most things people vaccinate for is considerably expensive, and even if you get it in time might have life long lasting impacts), and you also risk a mutation into something worse.

There are also those that can't get them. People with bad immune systems, people recovering from serious health conditions, people allergic to ingredients used within them (many vaccines are made using eggs, wheat and other things people struggle with, though there are increasingly alternatives made for those people).

So you're telling me this is about money and money saving? What viable hosts? Are the ingredients why people get autism?

I one time got a shot on my leg and then I received a mole on my right leg when it healed, but come on, immunizations. Seriously?
 

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
34,120
Trophies
2
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
23,037
Country
United Kingdom
Money saving is part of it. Better health outcomes are part of it (hospital stays are expensive).

There has never been a link proven between vaccination and autism. The paper that claimed it was so bad the guy ended up getting his medical license revoked, and the many papers done to try to replicate the results or otherwise establish a link all failed to find one.

Viable hosts. As in people that can carry and transmit and/or catch the virus. If there is only a 1% chance of transmission (because it is 99% effective) then it stops very quickly compared to almost 100% and in doing so one carrier infects more than one other.

I would question whether you got a mole there, and also why they might have picked a leg (unless it was an adrenaline shot for allergies they tend to go for an arm).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

MichaelXD

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
14
Trophies
0
XP
184
Country
United States
Money saving is part of it. Better health outcomes are part of it (hospital stays are expensive).

There has never been a link proven between vaccination and autism. The paper that claimed it was so bad the guy ended up getting his medical license revoked, and the many papers done to try to replicate the results or otherwise establish a link all failed to find one.

Viable hosts. As in people that can carry and transmit and/or catch the virus. If there is only a 1% chance of transmission (because it is 99% effective) then it stops very quickly compared to almost 100% and in doing so one carrier infects more than one other.

I would question whether you got a mole there, and also why they might have picked a leg (unless it was an adrenaline shot for allergies they tend to go for an arm).

Mom said it was 'a vaccine.'
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
I don't know if you posted this thread in the EoF or a staff member moved it to the EoF. I will answer the question seriously.

There are people out there who are not immune for genuine reasons and rely on herd immunity to protect them:

- They are too young to get vaccinated
- They are immunocompromised therefore can't get vaccinated
- They did get vaccinated but didn't acquire immunity

The vaccines we use today are thoroughly tested and their benefits vastly outweigh their risks. Vaccines do not cause autism. In recent years groups of fanatical idiots using a combination of myths and misrepresented science are calling vaccines dangerous. This creates a phenomenon called vaccine hesitancy where parents delay or refuse to vaccinate, reducing herd immunity. As a result, there are increasing cases of vaccine-preventable diseases. Some die. Governments are right to pass laws making it increasingly difficult to avoid vaccines.

If you can vaccinate, you must vaccinate.
 

MichaelXD

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
14
Trophies
0
XP
184
Country
United States
I don't know if you posted this thread in the EoF or a staff member moved it to the EoF. I will answer the question seriously.

There are people out there who are not immune for genuine reasons and rely on herd immunity to protect them:

- They are too young to get vaccinated
- They are immunocompromised therefore can't get vaccinated
- They did get vaccinated but didn't acquire immunity

The vaccines we use today are thoroughly tested and their benefits vastly outweigh their risks. Vaccines do not cause autism. In recent years groups of fanatical idiots using a combination of myths and misrepresented science are calling vaccines dangerous. This creates a phenomenon called vaccine hesitancy where parents delay or refuse to vaccinate, reducing herd immunity. As a result, there are increasing cases of vaccine-preventable diseases. Some die. Governments are right to pass laws making it increasingly difficult to avoid vaccines.

If you can vaccinate, you must vaccinate.

No! I posted it here originally. But what about the moles it causes? If someone gets vaccinated, they could get a mole on their right leg. I'm not kidding. It's over by the knee area.
 

MichaelXD

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
14
Trophies
0
XP
184
Country
United States
The vaccines we use today are thoroughly tested and their benefits vastly outweigh their risks. Vaccines do not cause autism. In recent years groups of fanatical idiots using a combination of myths and misrepresented science are calling vaccines dangerous. This creates a phenomenon called vaccine hesitancy where parents delay or refuse to vaccinate, reducing herd immunity. As a result, there are increasing cases of vaccine-preventable diseases. Some die. Governments are right to pass laws making it increasingly difficult to avoid vaccines.

If you can vaccinate, you must vaccinate.

That's not our fault.
 

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
34,120
Trophies
2
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
23,037
Country
United Kingdom
Merged the threads

You don't get moles from such things. Depending upon the one given (Tuberculosis, usually referred to as a BGC, being among the more notable) you might get a small scar.

Even if they did cause moles then surely the benefits of not getting the disease (and not sharing it with those around you) would outweigh it.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/nhs-vaccinations-and-when-to-have-them/

From that
diphtheria
hepatitis B
Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b)
polio
tetanus
whooping cough (pertussis)
Rotavirus vaccine
MenB
pneumonia, septicaemia (a kind of blood poisoning) and meningitis.
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and meningitis C.
measles
mumps
rubella
human papillomavirus (HPV)

Do you want to look up the symptoms for each of those?
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/meas.html
That would be measles.
Prior to the vaccination that would be 90% infection rate in youth. Might be slightly higher than some (HPV is usually sexual contact, though as it often leads to straight up kills cancer in your 20s and 30s then... yeah https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/hpv/statistics/ that is 45,300 estimated per year in the US) but most will be around that (close contact and airborne for a lot of them).
Anyway back to measles
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/births.htm covers how many born per year.
Better part of 4 million there per year to add to the pile, though we can round down to 3 if you want (birth rates are declining as well but that is a different discussion, though a fun one).
Some of the percentages add up to serious big boy numbers there.
0.2% death rate (plenty of really unpleasant stuff on top of that which is not death, also stuff you will get to pay on taxes and insurance to help sort in a hospital) with modern medicine it seems.
That is 6000 deaths a year if allowed to run rampant and nobody got it. 1 disease. We have a few more diseases to go too but I will leave it there for now. I have however seen hepatitis, mumps (do a picture search if you want), the effects of polio and none are in any way pleasant.
Do you know how many people got autism from such things? Zero.
Do you know how many people died or suffered serious side effects? There are some (someone might break a needle, cough on a pill, suffer a bad reaction). It is way way way less than 6000 though, which I remind you is the deaths from just one disease and we have plenty more to add to that.
 

MichaelXD

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
14
Trophies
0
XP
184
Country
United States
Merged the threads

You don't get moles from such things. Depending upon the one given (Tuberculosis, usually referred to as a BGC, being among the more notable) you might get a small scar.

Even if they did cause moles then surely the benefits of not getting the disease (and not sharing it with those around you) would outweigh it.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/nhs-vaccinations-and-when-to-have-them/

From that
diphtheria
hepatitis B
Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b)
polio
tetanus
whooping cough (pertussis)
Rotavirus vaccine
MenB
pneumonia, septicaemia (a kind of blood poisoning) and meningitis.
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and meningitis C.
measles
mumps
rubella
human papillomavirus (HPV)

Do you want to look up the symptoms for each of those?
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/meas.html
That would be measles.
Prior to the vaccination that would be 90% infection rate in youth. Might be slightly higher than some (HPV is usually sexual contact, though as it often leads to straight up kills cancer in your 20s and 30s then... yeah https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/hpv/statistics/ that is 45,300 estimated per year in the US) but most will be around that (close contact and airborne for a lot of them).
Anyway back to measles
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/births.htm covers how many born per year.
Better part of 4 million there per year to add to the pile, though we can round down to 3 if you want (birth rates are declining as well but that is a different discussion, though a fun one).
Some of the percentages add up to serious big boy numbers there.
0.2% death rate (plenty of really unpleasant stuff on top of that which is not death, also stuff you will get to pay on taxes and insurance to help sort in a hospital) with modern medicine it seems.
That is 6000 deaths a year if allowed to run rampant and nobody got it. 1 disease. We have a few more diseases to go too but I will leave it there for now. I have however seen hepatitis, mumps (do a picture search if you want), the effects of polio and none are in any way pleasant.

So it was just a coincidence?
 

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
34,120
Trophies
2
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
23,037
Country
United Kingdom
So it was just a coincidence?
I am not even convinced you got a mole on the site of the injection. Very few things will be given in the leg that are not serious emergency situations.

There are people that gain new moles, sun spots, freckles and the like as they age, and sometimes moles change too (growing, texture changing and bleeding ones you want to ask your doctor about) but a mole is typically a spot of skin with extra melanin in it, not the result of a needle stick -- do you see heroin addicts, diabetics that inject and other such people with lots of them?
 

MichaelXD

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
14
Trophies
0
XP
184
Country
United States
I am not even convinced you got a mole on the site of the injection. Very few things will be given in the leg that are not serious emergency situations.

There are people that gain new moles, sun spots, freckles and the like as they age, and sometimes moles change too (growing, texture changing and bleeding ones you want to ask your doctor about) but a mole is typically a spot of skin with extra melanin in it, not the result of a needle stick -- do you see heroin addicts, diabetics that inject and other such people with lots of them?

I was 5.
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
Let's get this perfectly clear @MichaelXD. You are an idiot not worth talking to. This is the last time I reply to you.
Because everyone has a right to do to their body what they like.
The right to choose argument is a lie which hides the reality of the situation. You have the responsibility to vaccinate to protect those who are not immune for genuine reasons. You violate their right to personal safety by failing to vaccinate.
I have watched this video before.
Then you should know better.
That's not our fault.
This is your fault.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    I've got a clone, it works fine, but I can't get it to play nice with my SDcard reader.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    like an sd card slot extension thing?
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Yeah, to load from (and save data to) an SD card plugged into the serial port.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    You test that extension thing through a regular usb reader on your pc? Could just be a shit one. Bought one for my 3d printer and it just straight up doesn't work
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    it can't be plugged into a USB reader (it's made from a regular SD card to USB adapter, but with the USB end modded to a Dreamcast serial plug)
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    It was working fine before I installed the GDEMU, but now the Dreamcast doesn't recognize it when I boot up Dreamshell.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhh I gotcha. yeah haven't looked at it that much so I'm not super familiar with the hardware
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Can't find any threads about this particular issue on GBAtemp or the wider intarwebz. Saw one video on YouTube that seemed relevant, but it was some dude with the same issue, no solutions offered in the comments. :/
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    my teacher was showing me something and i noticed they had gbatemp open in another window
    Gift
  • SpazzyShinobi @ SpazzyShinobi:
    when worlds collide
    +1
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Your teacher is ONE OF US... ONE OF US...
    +2
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they could be in this very chat, they could be any one of us
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    InB4 "Julie, get back to work on your homework, that assignment is due tomorrow."
    +1
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    god damn no one ever wants to talk to me but the MOMENT i start studying everyone got shit to say to me
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    (not you guys tho, you guys are cool :)
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    fuck how do i use emoticons within parenthesis
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    i left out the closing bracket but that just looks incomplete
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    https://gbatemp.net/chat/message/110146/view
    Imagine if that teacher was, I dunno, pingpong or DinohScene or some other mod or admin...that'd be something, huh.
    +1
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The teacher just wanted to know what kind of perverted debauchery Julie was watching on the school computer instead of studying.
    +2
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    what? no, i totalllyyyyy do all my schoolwork
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    aw, who am i kidding, if i did my work i wouldnt be talking to you guys right now
    +1
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    That's right @Julie_Pilgrim
    +2
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    are there people out there actually insane enough to pay $20/month for photoshop
    Gift
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: are there people out there actually insane enough to pay $20/month for photoshop