Hacking Why do you burn Wii games?

Why do you burn Wii games?

• I want to have a security copy of my games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My country is forgotten by Nintendo and then the prices are extremely high.

• I don't want to pay for them.

• I burn so I can test them before buying (and I actually buy the ones I like).

• I don't burn Wii games, just hack to increase my console's potential.

• Total voters

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Why pay for something when you can get it for free? Most wii games are complete shit there are only a select few games worth playing. The wii as I see it is a novelty console its complete crap with unique controls the 360 and ps3 are far superior systems. I like a few games for the wii but it seems they just have anyone make games for it. So I ain't gonna buy games at £30 a pop just to see how good they are.

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well... Wii games in Brazil cost something around US$115,00, so I'm not gonaa pay this much for any game. Rockband and SSBB are exceptions, but they are not "affordable" around here. So, BURN BABY, BURN!!!

XD

deceptica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have pretty much the same attitude as jacklaidlaw. If I wasn't downloading games for nothing, I'd be waiting until I could get four games for £20, or two for twenty if they were really good. £30 a game? No thanks.

If it wasn't for Wii homebrew I'd be amassing a library of preowned PS2 games.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own the good games legally (namely Nintendo titles like SSBB, Mario Kart, Zelda, SMG, Simpsons, Mario Party and some others) and if I think that I had payed for Shitty games like AMF Pinbusters (Bowling) or such games I would cry
tongue.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I didn't find company's prices convenient , it is actually expensive for many families or steady income people on the mid or the low side , so this will be a fair play for all , however if you like a game wait till price drop and buy it to support the programmer not the millions of the big N , peace
wink.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, most wii games are bad to my opinion so I only select few games worth burn and playing and maybe buy 1-3 games depend and that's it, I think.

Ultratech87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't wanna pay for them. Aside from that, gaming's an expensive habit. I'd be spending outrageous amounts of money, and I just can't afford to do that. But I do have 2-3 Wii games that I've bought.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I live in Europe so we get all the games slower, and they're expensive compared to US. That, and always have too much stuff to waste my money on, and if I have to buy games, there's less money to waste on other stuff.
tongue.gif

Plus, I feel I've bought enough Nintendo games. I have a SNES, N64, GBC, GBA, GC and Wii and many games for all of those consoles, so Nintendo has already earned a lot of money off me.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I tend to use burning games as a Demo. If I like a game I will buy it.

I love my Wii but there are just way, way too many nondescript games on the Wii. Rubbish party games, bad ports with stupid waggle controls and endless drivel aimed at the "Family" market (aimed at family market = lazy developers trying to con non-gamers into buying a sh*t game).

It really bugs me that there is no way to demo games like previous consoles. Used to be that you could buy a magazine and it would have a disc with loads of demo's on. Now you have to rent them at £x a pop and I resent having to rent a full game or even buy just to see whether I like it or not. It's a waste of money.

Kenjii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to pay for them.

Like many people say, most Wii games are crap. Some of them look amazing from trailers and screenshots and so on, but when I copy them, DAMN, I say to myself what a good job I didn't buy it.

I have no where in range to rent a game from, either. Plus, if I wanted to buy the game I would have to travel 40 minutes by car.

What if I buy the game for £40, hate it, and then only get £10-15 back for it when I trade it in? It simply isn't worth it.

I know that I'm hindering the developers by not trying their games. But I refuse to buy them. I'm only 15, it's not like I'm on a high payed job, and I have more important things to save up for as well. And to be fair, I am sure there are hundreds upon thousands of people who actually buy the games. I mean, come on, it must only be a small minority who copy them.

And, I have an Xbox. I play that most of the time. I would never flash it as I would risk being caught over Live, so I pay for all of my Xbox games.

So yeah, burn baby burn.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Satangel said:
I just don't want to pay for them, some games aren't worth it.
If a game is just perfect for me, I'll buy it.

Yup, same here. Not to mention the fact that Wii games are overpriced here in Brazil. Games like Twilight Princess are more expensive than PS3 games. ;/

Also, looking at your avatar reminds me that I must buy Radiant Dawn, even thought I already beat it. ;p

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got about 12 games I've bought, and only like around 3 of them!

So now I like to "Try before I buy"

As a software developer myself I would hate to think I had written a good piece of code just for someone to try and get it for free.

So yeah, if it's good enough I'll buy it, if not I'll destroy my copy.

*edit* Next on my list to buy? "Madworld"

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are my morals on piracy. If you pirate a game and you wouldn't buy it anyway even if there wasn't a way to pirate, then it isn't morally wrong. If you pirate a game just because you don't feel like paying for it, then it is wrong. If I like a game and it is worth the $50 I will buy it. But most games aren't unfortunately. I have originals of all the good games for Wii. I will be getting an original copy of Mario Kart Wii as soon as a store has them in stock. MKW is so hard to find!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...