Hacking Why do we need emuNAND and RxTools instead of sysNAND and Pasta Cfw?

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
the question is simple. why do we need them? i can play every new or old, online or offline games on sysnand and pasta cwf. people said me pasta cfw is so old and you can brick your 2ds. maybe this is the possibility but it never happened. i am so happy with pasta and sysnand. so can you people tell me why do we need emunand and other cfw's instead of pasta? am i missing something?

Last edited by bytar,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with rxTools and emunand if something happens to the emunand via bad cia file you get bricked, the emunand gets bricked. and so the real 3ds system is not harmed. But if we installed a bad cia file onto the sys nand and we get bricked, there is no way to fix it. Your 3ds would be ruined forever and so with emunand you can easily format it and use it all over again! also with pasta cfw you have to stay on 9.2 or below but with emunand you can be on the latest firmware with hax at the same time!

Reactions: WeedZ

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
with rxTools and emunand if something happens to the emunand via bad cia file you get bricked, the emunand gets bricked. and so the real 3ds system is not harmed. But if we installed a bad cia file onto the sys nand and we get bricked, there is no way to fix it. Your 3ds would be ruined forever and so with emunand you can easily format it and use it all over again! also with pasta cfw you have to stay on 9.2 or below but with emunand you can be on the latest firmware with hax at the same time!

what is a bad cia file? can it be a game, dlc, update file or only a system file?

what is the point of being on the last firmware if you play all the new games online without a problem on 9.2 sysnand?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A bad cia file is a cia file unsupported or corrupted. since its either one of those things the system crashes as soon as the cia file is loaded. The latest firmware is if you want to be able to use all the new games that require an update to a newer firmware or for the new features!

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A bad cia file is a cia file unsupported or corrupted. since its either one of those things the system crashes as soon as the cia file is loaded. The latest firmware is if you want to be able to use all the new games that require an update to a newer firmware or for the new features!

i think bigbluebox doesn't install a corrupted file does it? but people upload every dlc's and updates of popular games on the internet. i still don't see any point of it.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bigbluemenu and devmenu or even FBI install any cia it can find. There is no prtection for devmenu and bigbluemenu since they are technicly pieces of software from NINTENDO devmenu and big blue menu are the same, devtools. DevMenu comes from dev consoles. And so it loads any cia files since a dev is trying out there new game. with devconsoles, nintendo replace bricked ones. but you would be using cfw so they wouldnt care. So essentialy all im saying is that they have no protection from bad cia files!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
reasons to use emunand over sysnand.

1. if you fuck up and install (or remove) the wrong CIA you're fucked if you're on sysnand. if you're on emunand it's no big deal.
2. can have a higher firmware version on emunand than you can on sysnand.
3. it makes life convenient.

and yes you can install a bad CIA that fucks shit up. even with BBB

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

1. if you fuck up and install (or remove) the wrong CIA you're fucked if you're on sysnand. if you're on emunand it's no big deal.
3. it makes life convenient.

and yes you can install a bad CIA that fucks shit up. even with BBB

can you give an example of a bad cia? what does bad cia can be? all the cia's that i download are tried by other people. i think my brain doesn't have enough neurons to see the point.

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
then you'l probably be fine. but why risk it?
because i am too stupid to install rxtools xD i tried but i failed... the risk is allowable i think. even on rxtools and emunand people have some problems. i am glad that i can play every game (including virtual console and dsiware games) without any problem.

allquest

Trophies
XP
Country

Hey, I have RxTools 9.2 emuNAND (New3DS), how can I update this to the last version ? I used the update button though the menu "parameters" in emuNAND (to version 10.3, right ?) and after a reboot, I had a black screen at the start of emuNAND, so i backed up to 9.2 again...
Can you help me please ?

Last edited by allquest,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, I have RxTools 9.2 emuNAND (New3DS), how can I update this to the last version ? I used the update button though the menu "parameters" in emuNAND (to version 10.3, right ?) and after a reboot, I had a black screen at the start of emuNAND, so i backed up to 9.2 again...
Can you help me please ?
highest version for New 3DS is 9.5 you'l have to manually update it by using CIA update files for new3ds 9.5. you can find them on a certain iso site. make sure to NOT update on sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr