Why do some WiiRD codes not work in USB Loaders?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Kira99, Jul 21, 2009.

Jul 21, 2009
  1. Kira99
    OP

Newcomer Kira99 Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm fairly new to using usb loaders, and I mostly use USB loader GX. I've noticed that some codes I get from WiiRD don't seem to work, while others do.

Is this because usbloaders still use Ocarina? (At least that's what it's called in usb loader gx).

Is Ocarina now obsolete? I'm going to assume that usb loaders don't use the latest gecko code engine...is it possible to even integrate that into future updates?

Thanks

2. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Ocarina is a little old. And yes, some codes don't work, like at Super Mario Galaxy.
    It seems like the Ocarina in the loaders is old/obsolete. The latest version of the WiiRD codes can't be implemented inside usb loaders, since Gecko OS is closed source.

(yes, we could reverse engineer them, but it doesn't work like they work in Gecko)

3. Kira99
    OP

Newcomer Kira99 Advanced Member

Canada
    Is there a way to get Gecko OS to read off an external HDD like a usb loader? Or does it only take discs?

4. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    It only takes discs because of piracy, you know.

5. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    every .txt file ive gotten off wiird has worked including Super Mario Galaxy all you do is right cick on the download at the top then save target/File as, simple but make sure its the same region as the game

6. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    Also, you have to make sure that the file remains in UNIX and that you are not copying and pasting them into notepad or something. USB Loader GX only reads UNIX .txts. Your options are to download Edit Pad Lite and use the convert function to get them into UNIX or instead of left clicking the "download" button at the list of a game's cheats on the usbgecko.com/codes site, you can right click and "save file as" to download the file ready to go in a UNIX format.