Hacking Why do some cards work with ntrboothax but not others?

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a card that is incompatible with ntrboothax but uses the same firmware as one of the supported cards. So why can that card be used but not mine?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you explain what a loader is
Some cards do not support the information you flash to the card. or simply lack it altogether. If they lack said info needed to boot ntr and ya flash it anyways you will result in a flashcart that no longer works. There are quite a few out there that work. Just be happy that it does work for those models.

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some cards do not support the information you flash to the card. or simply lack it altogether. If they lack said info needed to boot ntr and ya flash it anyways you will result in a flashcart that no longer works. There are quite a few out there that work. Just be happy that it does work for those models.
Ok thank you, I was just curious why.
Also I bricked my new 2ds a while back trying to unhack it. I learned about the l+r+a+b+x+y combo that you can use to boot the 3ds straight from a 3ds game card. Could it be possible to flash an ntrboothax program onto a retail 3ds cart and attemp to unbrick my console that way?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok thank you, I was just curious why.
Also I bricked my new 2ds a while back trying to unhack it. I learned about the l+r+a+b+x+y combo that you can use to boot the 3ds straight from a 3ds game card. Could it be possible to flash an ntrboothax program onto a retail 3ds cart and attemp to unbrick my console that way?
Retail carts are read only memory. nothing right now can change that.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if I boot a card in that manner and then use a homebrew exploited game card to boot into the hbl and unbrick my console using that?
Uhm....What????? You need to gain control of the system before it boots. What you said would take place long after such thing would happen. So that would be a no.

Reactions: LinusRG

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: LinusRG

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by LinusRG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE