Status
Not open for further replies.

darnoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
really people why not upgrade your flashcards. r4 is dead, fork out the 10 bucks

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
trolling detected...

flashcarts normally needs to be imported... chinese sites takes at least a month to deliver things...

in my case, the first AK i ordered came defective, now another month until the new order reaches my country

buying nationally is ridiculous... R$ 100 for a flash cart is like the paying US$ 60 for an acekard... preposterous!

my problem is time, but ther people have little-to-no-choice... (no international credit card, no time to wait for the cart, not enought knowledge about others FCs...)

there are many reasons, so use your head to figure them out before troll the topic

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
drag0nzord said:
not that many people have an actual R4, most seem to have an r4i-sdhc which isnt actually too bad of a card.

i bought my r4 long befor the clones existed
tongue.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people drink Budweiser? Why did people spend money to see Avatar? Is it thoughtlessness, bad taste? I with I knew the answers to these questions.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dukemagus said:
trolling detected...

flashcarts normally needs to be imported... chinese sites takes at least a month to deliver things...

in my case, the first AK i ordered came defective, now another month until the new order reaches my country

buying nationally is ridiculous... R$ 100 for a flash cart is like the paying US$ 60 for an acekard... preposterous!

my problem is time, but ther people have little-to-no-choice... (no international credit card, no time to wait for the cart, not enought knowledge about others FCs...)

there are many reasons, so use your head to figure them out before troll the topic
Why is this trolling? It's actually a pretty good question. I don't see why that should piss anyone off. Here's an example of trolling "you're a stupid dick if you bought an R4 in the past year".
I actually did buy an R4 in the past year because it ran the official firmware and was $3. Why did I get it? I don't know, it was $3.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime_Zero said:
I tried to but it seems I might have been a week to late no clue on if my DealExtreame one will ship or refund....
Try priceangles, there's a lot of good card sites and I suspect there's going to be more popping up every day not that dx is out of the game.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at the time I didn't know dealextreame was going to do this right now its at pending sense the 18th and they already took the money to boot but ive heard mixed stories on this. If I cancel no clue on when i'll get my money back and than there's the chance it might ship. But i'll buy from RHS if it does fail to ship.

Just gonna have to wait a few more days thx though
unsure.gif

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do i still have my r4sdhc?
cuz it WORKS
nyanya.gif

im not one to buy the newest thing

im content with it at the moment even though i am about to upgrade

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darnoc said:
really people why not upgrade your flashcards. r4 is dead, fork out the 10 bucks
Until very recently, the R4 was still receiving unofficial updates through YSMenu and unofficial DSTT firmware; there was absolutely no reason to buy a new flash cart. However, with the lack of support that now exists, I recently purchased an Acekard 2i.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I think it's their notoriety, when someone is after a flashcart (someone with little knowledge of the scene), they think of the R4 as this is the cart everyone has heard of.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded from the R4 a long while ago... its just I didn't look around enough and upgraded to the R4i gold, finaly got the money to try again and my timing was bad.
huh.gif

*Face palms self.*

seedub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because at the time I bought my R4 it was actually up-to-date. It has no more support any more but I still have a huge back log of games I'm trying to play as is. Basically, if your not the most hardcore DS player, R4 still rocks and not worth upgrading. That being said if you are a heavy DS player or looking to buy your first flashcart, AK2i is definately looking like the new cream of the crop; tho others like Cyclo and Supercard I hear are pretty boss too.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it sucks when your flashcart of choice ends up obsolete and is no longer supported, it happened to me too and I sympathize with you. But instead of whining about it, go out and buy a new flashcart, like I did. I now own a CycloDS, which IS still supported and I don't have to worry or whine every time a game doesn't immediately work in it because I know my still-supported flashcart team will get a fix out sooner or later.

This is just my opinion, but if a person can't buy another flashcart when their old one goes obsolete, then it's their own fault that they can't play the latest backups. If you managed to get a flashcart before, why can't you get a newer cart now? If you have no job, no allowance from your parents and can't afford anything, then why do you even have a DS and where did you get the games you DO have for it in the first place? If you can't afford a flashcart, then you sure as hell can't afford to buy an actual game. And if you CAN afford to buy an actual game, why did you waste that money on a game instead of a new flashcart?

Anyone who bought any "R4" branded flashcart in the last 2 years obviously didn't do their research before buying a flashcart. That's the simple truth. Because of their lack of research, flashcart forums all over the net now have to deal 50 bazillion threads/replies of people whining for a fix for their outdated and unsupported flashcart every time a new game comes out and doesn't work on that cart.

It's not as if even an old obsolete flashcart like the R4 didn't already pay for itself many times over. What have these people done with all the money they saved from slurping up free game backups from the net instead of buying the games (like you're supposed to) all these years? Or did it really only save their parents money?

Instead of whining and crying to the community, maybe they should start whining and crying to their parents (or whoever they got them their last flashcart, since it's obvious apparent they didn't get it themselves) that they need a new one.

It's not the flashcart communities who are responsible for updates to obsolete carts. It's up to YOU to do your research before buying something you expect to use for a long time. It's up to YOU to do something about it. It's up to YOU to buy a new flashcart or STFU and GTFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb