Why do people Register on this forum just for one or two questions?

Lockon Stratos

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you think people should just register on this forum for just one or two topics or questions? I would think that's annoying...
tongue.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, a lot of people sign up to ask a question, so it makes sense I guess. A lot of people leave afterwards... Probably this isn't a very interesting forum
tongue.gif

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
if i'd change your question just a bit .. To why YOU registerd it'd be probably more interesting..

I think people join the forum to learn more about hacking DS and Wii MOSTLY however , Some people find the community pretty fun after surfing more then just the *insert cart name* forum for a week.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i haven't done that here but i have on other sites. i usually create a guerilla mail account for a quick question or two. and if resolved i usually post a mini faq at the end of my post so other people with the same problem can find a quick solution.

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not to mention annoying members like...

"Hey, is the translation patch done now? I want to play it now. Hurry please!"

laugh.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ameer10 from the looks of it you did just that, and because GBAtemp kicks ass and you actually need to register to post so I guess it all works out in the ned huh?

Having to register to ask some questions, I am sure many would prefer not to register at all if they could still ask their questions.

I really dont care if they do.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Absolutely not, however we can't virtually ask them "Are you registering only for a few questions? If you do, please use this posting application instead of registering, thank you" now can we?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The answer to why people sign up to ask a question or two is quite simple. They can't ask questions without being registered here.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
reaper00004 said:
Well, the 500 posts thing kept me going
tongue.gif
IMHO, the more annoying members are the ones who post in every thread even when they have nothing to contribute, just to get their post count up really quick.
rolleyes.gif
Not you in particular of course, just people who have nothing to add.

Immortal Game

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look at the amount of people online every day, and then look at how many of them are members.

Now, when a few of those 2000 or so people just don't understand something, it's worth a try to register to ask about it so that they can understand it better. Since... you have to register to post. And this is a pretty big community, so you can probably get your answer, and hopefully pretty quickly.

Unlike some other places, that are dead and have to take a few days to decide whether or not some certain things are spam... ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night