Why do people like WarioWare??

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SlyGuy, Aug 29, 2006.

Aug 29, 2006

Why do people like WarioWare?? by SlyGuy at 8:12 AM (1,543 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. SlyGuy
    OP

Member SlyGuy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I got into the game with an open mind, but after dedicating a good hour to it I decided it was one of the worst games I've ever played. Sure it is OKAY as a tech demo, but as a game it falls flat on it's face without any sort of story or point to any of the mini-games. The games themselves are dumb and repetitive.

IMO, Rub Rabbits did the mini-game game MUCH MUCH MUCH better than WarioWare yet it received much less recognition. I don't mean to be a WarioWare hater or troll post, but I'm honestly bewildered that respectable sites like IGN gave this game such good reviews! So the purpose of this post is really to ask the GBAtemp community what is good about this game, and why so many people like it. Also are there any out there that share my reaction to this game?

2. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    If you played the wario ware for the ds then i can understand why you think that way but if you haven't tried it out for the gba yet then you've been missin out on a great experience ^^ Most people loved the first wario ware (me beeing one of'em =P). Although i can't say why other people liked it i can what i enjoyed about it.
    Well first off all the really fun minigames, they're just hilarious =D and the game style, it has it's own cool style and is like completely original and the thing i love the most about the game is that it never gets repetetive..or atleast not for me =P When you've reached to a certain point in the game you can get other mini games such as Paper plain, Jump forever etc. And you can honestly play those games forever cuz it never gets boring and you always wanna beat your old high score =P
    So as a conclusion i think why me and so many others love the game it's because it's just good ol'school, plain and simple fun that can last forever which is rare these days =P

Edit: Sorry if i got a litle of topic but here are some answers to your questions =P

Well i didn't like the second one (for the ds) that much either. It uses the same stuff over and over again and it does get pretty repetetive really fast. And it's just too easy, no fun minigames that you can gain, and you only use the stylus! [​IMG] I mean i got nothing against the stulys but they could have atleast used the buttons occasionally xD
    I think it got so good reviews maybe cuz it was one of the first ds games and that they hadn't seen anything better on the ds then =P But hey..that's just what i think =P

3. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    It's fast paced, keeps you on your toes, wacky and overall good fun - what more could you want? I will however agree somewhat the the NDS one isn't quite as good as the others, because I didn't have all that much desire to play after I had finished the story mode.

4. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    They're fun and wacky and all that noise, but extremely short, easy, and crap in long bursts. Good time waster but nothing more.

5. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    what kind of nazi bastard doesn't like warioware

6. Heinrisch

Member Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    The humor and fast pace are two things that make wario ware a awsome game. The first time you play through the mini games you never no what to expect, and you definetly don't know what is going to happen next. After that, its really fun to challange friends [​IMG]

7. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok, now that I am calm.......
    Let me say that I first played the Japanese Wario Ware before the US got their hands on it (like all good GBATemp folks would) and when I was playing it it felt like I had discovered this great gem of insanity. I played that thing all the way through and even had to be pretty creative in order to get all the flowers (I think that was what you got when you played every single mini game available and scored the correct amount of point.) because there was 1 micro game (this was the birth of micro games) that would not display correct when using the rom and there were some micro games that required a little bit of Japanese reading. I ramble but what I really mean is that this was the first. Rub Rabbits and Mawusunda (or what ever) and all those (cooking Mama) follow in Wario's footsteps. The second one was more of the same brilliance, only with motion sensing. no buttons. Brilliant and just as addictive. To be honest, I think Wario Touched is the best of the bunch because the DS really is built with that type of interactive play. Some of you may have felt like you have been there and done that and I understand after all, this is the 3rd outing (not including the Gamecube version) for Wario and "friends" (VOLT!!) but it still did it better and more than games like Rub Rabbits. I love Rub Rabbits (both of them but Feel the Magic was the better of the 2) but Wario is "special"

Nazi....... [​IMG]

8. science

Member science science rules

Canada

Don't forget about the microphone, those microphone minigames made me pass out, espically when you played his album, and you had to do the same on over and over again....

[​IMG]

9. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    Since when does a video have to have a story or a point, in order to be good? Kids these days and their crummy RPGs and crap...

10. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    lol the same bastard complaining why there are English words in Japanese games... [​IMG] j/k

Dunno, I always liked wario ware... it's the kind of like a quicky minus the sex. Oh wai-

11. Cyberdude93

Newcomer Cyberdude93 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I like all the WarioWare games, but I can say that WarioWare: Touched was the least thrilling. The first one and Twisted are great.