Gaming Why do most players in Rocket League have "PSYNET" instead of their user pic?

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Rocket League most users have PSYNET (Psyonix Network) written inside the area where their Switch user pic should be. Been wondering since forever and wanted to see if someone knows the reason behind it. Thanks in advance.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cross platform matchmaking isn't being added until they launch their (delayed) RocketID system later this month. You only play with Switch players unless you are in a Private Match.
Isn't it already in the game as is? Did they remove it or something?

Otherwise, yeah, IIRC it applies to PC and Xbox One players.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Cross platform matchmaking isn't being added until they launch their (delayed) RocketID system later this month. You only play with Switch players unless you are in a Private Match.

I don't own the game on Switch but I'm pretty sure Switch already does Cross Platform matchmaking, you just can't make a party before hand, that is what is coming later this month.

PSYNET = Other Platform.

Reactions: aykay55

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it already in the game as is? Did they remove it or something?

Otherwise, yeah, IIRC it applies to PC and Xbox One players.

I don't own the game on Switch but I'm pretty sure Switch already does Cross Platform matchmaking, you just can't make a party before hand, that is what is coming later this month.

PSYNET = Other Platform.

yeah cross platform is already on. i have close to 800 hours on rl :)
Ok thanks so much, I was under the impression that you could only do cross platform with Private Matches. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\