why do i have a blurry spot in the bottom left part of my right eye?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Dominator211, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Upstate, New York
    I am not a medical person, but for the past few days in the lower left portion of where my right eye can see it seems to be blurry and feels like something is detached slightly from my eye. almost feels like there is a slight pressure behind my eye. I don't really know how to describe it so i took a shot in the dark and thought i would ask here.

Negatronic likes this.
  2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I would definitely see a medical professional about that

3. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Upstate, New York
    i cant even describe it accurately man idk im scared.

4. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Like I said, go see an ophthalmologist.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Even the medics on GBAtemp, and most of us are not that, will have to have a look with the proper gear for this one. What little I do know says it could be something minor or it could be something quite major, and I am quite deliberately not naming conditions/symptoms and will discourage you from looking things up.

As a general rule any kind of persistent or localised vision change, especially sudden onset (or after a blow) with pain as well, is "get yourself to a relevant doctor" time. As it is new year's eve I don't know if I would bother with A&E/ER and I assume you are not going to get an appointment at your GP/family doctor today or tomorrow.

nxwing, TotalInsanity4 and Xzi like this.
  6. Majora2005

Majora2005 I hate my name

Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    Delphino Plaza
    Not to be rude or anything, but why did you ask GBATemp?

7. Brenry

Brenry Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    United States
    Was at a recent men's group that had a health professional answering questions. One of the men described something very similiar where he's developed a patch in the center of his vision. Sadly the discussion mentioned its something he'll have to cope with the remainder of his life. It sounds like an issue many if not most people will develop and usually not discussed around associates or family, and the guy was only in his early 30's

Since then it's made me subconscious with annoyinging squiggles near and far vision. The underlying importance is people should take care of their body better than their precious retro console systems. Vitamins and maintence, don't neglect

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You might have dirt stuck in your eye. It would most likely be uncomfortable if so, but still, try dripping some eye drops in the eye, blink a lot, drip some more if needed, and see if it helps. Usually helps a bit for me.

9. dragon_from_iso

dragon_from_iso GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2011
    I have the same problem. Get to a eye dr asap you either have had a stroke in your eye or a busted blood vessel.

10. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I don't think the Temp is the best place or conducive for medical advice; see a doctor.

Quantumcat likes this.
  11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes, go to a doctor, it could be something where if it isn't treated it gets worse or permanent!

12. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Don't put it off, at all. I went to the doctor's earlier this year for an ear problem, and they told me that it was very wise of me that I took care of it the second it started up.

Quantumcat likes this.
  13. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    i don't know about that but i know that we all have a blind point in both eyes, you just need to find it, and it's fun when you find because your brain try to fill the spot with the colors around it

14. DKB

DKB ...!

GBAtemp Patron
    DKB is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    You can always try that light trick with flash on and seeing if you see white in there. God forbid, but you can always try it.

But, being serious, you should go to a doctor, eyes are not something to fuck around with. Considering how sensitive they are.

15. pstrick

pstrick Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    United States
    See a doctor.
    You're in the USA? Go to a family med doctor and have them take a look. If it's something serious, they will get you in same day to an eye doc.

The most important thing is this: what is happening is not normal.
    DO NOT let the doctor send you home without a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan.
    Also, make sure you are seeing a real doctor. They will have MD or DO after their names.
    If your provider had an 'NP', 'ARNP', or 'PA' after their name, ask to see a real doctor.

Medical care providers are only interested in collecting a paycheck and clocking out at 5PM.
    You are the only one who can ensure proper treatment for yourself.

UnwantedFortune likes this.
  16. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Well of Unfortunate Miracles
    Well I definitely couldn't tell you why you're vision is going out like that, I know that whenever I get massive migraines I lose most of my vision in my left eye until the headache passes. It's very disorientating, because things don't just fade out, they get really blurry, but not like an out of focus lense, it's like theres a river in your eye constantly moving and changing direction.

17. xpoverzion

xpoverzion GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2017
    Gaza Strip
    You're probably just going blind from staring too long at LCD screens.

18. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2007
    Just another go to the ophthalmologist on this one from me as well, also - as soon as you can make time. It could be many different things, from inflammation, to blood flow issues, cataract, to the retina slightly separating. In the last case immediate treatment can fix stuff, or prevent further damage - this is why we are urging you to see a professional, fast. :) It doesnt have to be that - but because of it you always send people in to get that looked at asap. The first visit will not hurt either (they''ll look at your retina with a slit lamp, and magnification and diagnose from there). ;)

edit: Just realized, that this was an older thread. Hope you are doing well. :) But the emphasis on seeing an ophthalmologist in this case is definitely right - so lurkers who might read this, remember that as well. :)

Last edited by notimp, Jan 12, 2019