why do i have a blurry spot in the bottom left part of my right eye?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not a medical person, but for the past few days in the lower left portion of where my right eye can see it seems to be blurry and feels like something is detached slightly from my eye. almost feels like there is a slight pressure behind my eye. I don't really know how to describe it so i took a shot in the dark and thought i would ask here.

Reactions: Negatronic

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even the medics on GBAtemp, and most of us are not that, will have to have a look with the proper gear for this one. What little I do know says it could be something minor or it could be something quite major, and I am quite deliberately not naming conditions/symptoms and will discourage you from looking things up.

As a general rule any kind of persistent or localised vision change, especially sudden onset (or after a blow) with pain as well, is "get yourself to a relevant doctor" time. As it is new year's eve I don't know if I would bother with A&E/ER and I assume you are not going to get an appointment at your GP/family doctor today or tomorrow.

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was at a recent men's group that had a health professional answering questions. One of the men described something very similiar where he's developed a patch in the center of his vision. Sadly the discussion mentioned its something he'll have to cope with the remainder of his life. It sounds like an issue many if not most people will develop and usually not discussed around associates or family, and the guy was only in his early 30's

Since then it's made me subconscious with annoyinging squiggles near and far vision. The underlying importance is people should take care of their body better than their precious retro console systems. Vitamins and maintence, don't neglect

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am not a medical person, but for the past few days in the lower left portion of where my right eye can see it seems to be blurry and feels like something is detached slightly from my eye. almost feels like there is a slight pressure behind my eye. I don't really know how to describe it so i took a shot in the dark and thought i would ask here.
You might have dirt stuck in your eye. It would most likely be uncomfortable if so, but still, try dripping some eye drops in the eye, blink a lot, drip some more if needed, and see if it helps. Usually helps a bit for me.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i don't know about that but i know that we all have a blind point in both eyes, you just need to find it, and it's fun when you find because your brain try to fill the spot with the colors around it

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always try that light trick with flash on and seeing if you see white in there. God forbid, but you can always try it.

But, being serious, you should go to a doctor, eyes are not something to fuck around with. Considering how sensitive they are.

pstrick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See a doctor.
You're in the USA? Go to a family med doctor and have them take a look. If it's something serious, they will get you in same day to an eye doc.

The most important thing is this: what is happening is not normal.
DO NOT let the doctor send you home without a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan.
Also, make sure you are seeing a real doctor. They will have MD or DO after their names.
If your provider had an 'NP', 'ARNP', or 'PA' after their name, ask to see a real doctor.

Medical care providers are only interested in collecting a paycheck and clocking out at 5PM.
You are the only one who can ensure proper treatment for yourself.

Reactions: IrishMelody

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I definitely couldn't tell you why you're vision is going out like that, I know that whenever I get massive migraines I lose most of my vision in my left eye until the headache passes. It's very disorientating, because things don't just fade out, they get really blurry, but not like an out of focus lense, it's like theres a river in your eye constantly moving and changing direction.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just another go to the ophthalmologist on this one from me as well, also - as soon as you can make time. It could be many different things, from inflammation, to blood flow issues, cataract, to the retina slightly separating. In the last case immediate treatment can fix stuff, or prevent further damage - this is why we are urging you to see a professional, fast. :) It doesnt have to be that - but because of it you always send people in to get that looked at asap. The first visit will not hurt either (they''ll look at your retina with a slit lamp, and magnification and diagnose from there). ;)

edit: Just realized, that this was an older thread. Hope you are doing well. :) But the emphasis on seeing an ophthalmologist in this case is definitely right - so lurkers who might read this, remember that as well. :)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night