Why did you hack your Wii/Flash or buy a DS flash card?

Reasons

• Already Bored With My Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Already Bored With My DS

• Wanted Free Channels

• Wanted Unofficial Channels

• To Play Backups *cough* (Wii)

• Homebrew Games (Wii)

• Play Emulators (Wii)

• Wii Media Centre

• Hard Drive Loading

• DS Roms

• Homebrew Games (DS)

• Play Emulators (DS)

• Various Homebrew Applications (DS)

• DS Media Centre

• No Money On Games

• Homebrew Development

• Couldn't Be Bothered Hacking

• What? Hacks?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

I hacked my Wii the same moment I knew it was possible. So basically I did it because I could. If I hadn't done it yet, I would do it because of HDD loading.

A DS flashcart was a no brainer when Slot-1 carts were released, as I really enjoyed my GBA flashcarts. I couldn't be bothered to use a PassMe/Slot-2 combination, though.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
"95% Wii/DS games suck" should be added as an option..

I only bought flashcard/hacked the wii because I dont wanna waste my money buying Imagine girl friends...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a DS flashcart cos I don't have any money to buy the games I want. I'm already thankful that my parents even allowed me to buy a DS.
sleep.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
do you expect filipinos to buy genuine despite them being poor? like most filipinos, some will still hook up on genuine ones but mostly, they want to be "in" and play the games rich people play. Im talking about the poor people and not people who buys genuine.

that's a reason i see when buying flashcard or modding their system. TO GO PIRATE and play whatever they want to be "in"

other times, they want to have independent apps to play with.

I go to the middle class and buy something i can afford or had saved at.

Other times, like me, have to test soemthing before purchasing as they're no return policy or warranties in my country. if only i was in canada or the USA then I can safely buy anything I want (as long as i have the money)

QFT (for filipinos anyway)

too poor to buy games, a flashcard and a 8gb memory card is enough for the ds and wii

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Games are hard to find around here and cost a fuckton. It's a country where as far as software of any kind goes, it's essential to pirate because if you go original you can't afford even the basics.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Searinox said:
Games are hard to find around here and cost a fuckton. It's a country where as far as software of any kind goes, it's essential to pirate because if you go original you can't afford even the basics.
Thats the same situation here!
Even a crappy game like Petz costs about $80.
frown.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mr.Mysterio said:
Searinox said:
frown.gif
What the fuck? That's A LOT of money.
EDIT: Sorry for double post...

jackdanielchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Over in Australia prices are actually okay, if you go to a play like JBHiFi fthey will hardly ever sell the game at top dollar. The problem is we get games practically last when all the other Regions get theirs first.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Prices here aren't that bad (but bad enough, the shovelware costs $50), but my only source of money is doing random odd jobs, and most of that I spend on bass guitar stuff (currently saving for new amp) and metal concerts.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Overlord Natie said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
Searinox said:
frown.gif
What the fuck? That's A LOT of money.
EDIT: Sorry for double post...
The games are ridiculously priced.However,the systems are cheap though.I could get a DSi for the same amount of money that I would have to pay if I bought 2 Imagine games.

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its generally the money problems.
There are a ton of games i would love to play but unfortunately its too darn costly.
me and my frigging ps3 -.- 400 + 8 games total 420$ -.- 820 dollars spent already for that console
God expensive things T-T

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I 'hacked' my consoles to improve efficiency, etc. I don't pirate my games, however I don't believe it is wrong to make it more efficient as to how I play them. For instance, I have all of my DS game dumps on a single card, which reduces the amount of game cartridges I need to carry around. My Wii game collection is about halfway dumped, once finished I'll have them all on a hard disk to preserve my Wii's disc drive from going bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans