1. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Where else am i going to go, tik tok?

2. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

it had gba flashcart reviews, this was when they were first out.

Scott_pilgrim and Mr. Looigi like this.
  3. MohammedQ8

MohammedQ8 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Kuwait
    to learn about hacking.

Mr. Looigi likes this.
  4. Alsusee

Alsusee Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I was lurking during the days of the G6 Lite flashcard where I wanted to know about how to use it. Also, learned about the FlashMe firmwares for the DS Lites so I didn't need to use the Passcard 3 device with the G6

5. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    isn't flashme the firmware where you bridge two points underneath the battery? I thought about doing that to get rid of the health and safety screen, but my ds holds sentimental value for me. it'd be a shame if the battery fell out while flashing, which afaik is the danger in doing that.

Scott_pilgrim and Alsusee like this.
  6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Sure, "flashcart reviews" :tpi:
    Tape it in.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I'll probably just leave as is. that's the ds I bought in Akihabara.

8. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

United States
    I first discovered GBAtemp when the GBA ROMs were available and then kind of rediscovered it when I got involved with DS flashcarts. I continued to lurk without an account for a couple years and after learning about Wii exploits here, I eventually bought one and that's when I joined. I got a lot of useful information here between the NDS, Wii, and 3DS eras and while I decided not to mod my Switch, I still like to keep up with it somewhat.

godreborn likes this.
  9. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    same here. I don't plan to mod my switch, but I do like to help with whatever knowledge I might have, especially with the ps4, since it can be a pita to work with its exploits.

10. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Don't get what you mean by that answer, are you saying I'm not telling the truth?

11. Alsusee

Alsusee Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Yes thats correct. I put kitchen foil over a small screwdriver with a narrow shaft (and taped it on) and that served in bridging the gap and that also got rid of the H&S screen. I held the battery in with one hand and pushed the screwdriver in with the other. If you break the contact bridge, the flashing will pause but you can just make contact again and it'll continue. Some people just twisted kitchen foil and pushed it in the little gap and that done the job.

godreborn likes this.
  12. luigirockz

luigirockz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I joined because my parent's gave me back my modded xbox 360 and ps3's and wanted to update to their latest mods.

Mr. Looigi and alexander1970 like this.
  13. E1ite007

E1ite007 Weird avatar guy

Mexico
    I would have joined in 2014 when I first bought my DSi and my first flashcard, but I just went with the first thing it came on Google when searching for "ds flashcards".

Anyway, I joined 'cause people in here tends to be nice when in the real world, most of the time people isn't.

14. reeeeecist

reeeeecist Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    One of the few good DS hacking sites that wasn't in Russian

alexander1970 and Mr. Looigi like this.
  15. Mateo87

Mateo87 Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    I am geek, i love playing games and read all Your posts :)

alexander1970 likes this.
  16. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster

United States
    I used to get scene names for gba games here.
    I still have my GBA X-rom 512. I love that thing.

17. CPG

CPG lil darkie is a good rapper

Canada
    I mainly joined to get help for my 3ds, and was just planning on abandoning my account after, that is, until i discovered the eof.

18. scubersteve

scubersteve Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    because i'm chasing some element of my youth that i secretly already know i can't ever get back

if you meant the first time, because i wanted to learn how to pirate GBA and DS games with official hardware

Last edited by scubersteve, Nov 4, 2020
  19. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Gbatemp’s official Scott pilgrim fanatic ™

United States
    I was bored in school, and everything was blocked, lurked on this forum before while figuring out switch homebrew, decided to make an acc

20. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA President Elect of the United States of Reality

United States
    Here's the full shtick.
    A couple of years back, I had problems on my Wii U. See, I had already hacked it (vWii), but the Homebrew Channel was always in a 4:3 aspect ratio. It was annoying.
    So, I looked it up on this here site, and found out that it was an issue with the Title ID.
    Because of this, I ripped the WAD of the Homebrew Channel. I edited the Title ID and used YAWMM.
    But there was a problem.
    Every time I booted up the HBC from that point forward, it would wait a good two minutes on the "IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED THIS SOFTWARE, YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED" screen that normally only shows up on the installer before letting me press the 2 button. What's more, the cursor would flip me off when I was in. (This was before I started to fetishize cartoon middle fingers.)
    Since my parents wouldn't let me make an account on anything without letting them know, and the site was temporarily down, I first asked on a site that I actually had an account on, Smashboards. I later realized that it was stupid, so I took my chances and made an account here.
    A bit later, somebody pointed me toward Open Homebrew Channel. It worked, and I thought about deleting this account.
    I then decided against it, just in case I needed more help with homebrew.
    To this day, my parents don't know about this account, nor do they know about my GameFAQs, AtariAge, or Cave Story Tribute Site accounts. Ever since I got permabanned from Scratch (username: THENEXT_LEVEL), I've used this as my main forum. Now, I'm addicted to the Politics section, and I feel like I'll never escape. Part of me wants to escape GBAtemp entirely, while another knows that I'll just end up trapped in another forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GBATEMP, decide,