why did my ip get banned

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tryied. Accessing gbatemp. On 4g (boostmobile\sprint) got a ip is blocked error and clicked the link. Searched my ip and it said. January 15th. Username Tiamara. This is all from the stop spam website. Im able to most this because im on wifi. I mostly use gbatemp on 4g so this is a problem for me

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i cant most the time i check. Temp. On work breaks or when im out. Im almost never home. And when theres ether a oroblem with my wifi or i didnt pay it i tether my phone

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i cant most the time i check. Temp. On work breaks or when im out. Im almost never home. And when theres ether a oroblem with my wifi or i didnt pay it i tether my phone

I find if I try to access gbatemp through my VPN or tor I get blocked for the same reason (on my pc). Never had an issue on my phone though (don't ever use a vpn or tor on my phone though, that's what public wifi is for ;))

A lot of forum spam comes from tor nodes and VPN's hence why they block known IP's of both by default. I can't say why you're phone's IP is being blocked by default thought, that's just strange. Have you run a virus scan on your phone as of recently? Perhaps you have a botnet that's lurking in there, that's been spamming other forums from that IP that use the same blacklist without your knowledge, so your phone's been blacklisted.....

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure ive never done a virus scan on my phone. it got banned some where between 9am and when i posted this its now 335 pm i checked the site when i woke up sprint towers must have people using same ips or something inless that dumb spam site ive never even seen before banned a range of ips nd mine just happened to be in that range. i know i havent personaly spammed anything. the gbatemp error page i got said not to contact them because they cant unban it but it also said that if somehow it gets unbanned to wait a few hours before trying to get back in. so ill try and contact the stop spam site and report back what happens later

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
When you use 4G lots of people share the same IPs. Maybe someone else came on here spamming and the entire IP range was banned.

this, also, dynamic ip, when you connected you could got a previously banned ip, just restart the internet and you should get another one

explanation:
not sure how it works on mobiles, but usually on adsl ISP provides you dynamic ip, instead giving a dedicate ip to each client, they cicle it (user with ip ending at 33 disconnects and its available to another user) this way they save on the limited ips

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I feel dumb not trying that in the first place. I have experience with ips and such on home internets etc and i know how to reset ips. Im currently posting this on 4g. This is what i did. For thoes of you that get this problem on your phones. First i tryied what was sugested. Turning data on and off etc but the ip was still blocked. I knew that going into airplane mode completly resets all signals. (I do this when my phones internet is slow or not working) so i went into airplane mode. Let it sit for about a minute. Then turned airplane off. I checked fire fox. And i was able to get on the site. Checked dolphin but. It was still blocked. I checked dolphin again about half hour later. And all is good thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude checkers get jumped