Hacking Why connect to net to get Wiigatot CIOS

kolobos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed homebrew etc. for friends but i would like to know why i always have to connect to the net
to download IOS51 installer & Wiigator CIOS v7 installer etc. Why can't this software be put onto an SD card
so i can update friends wii's etc. I also have to connect to net to IOS downgrade and upgrade to 3.2E etc.
This also would be good to have on a memory card. I have seen a 3.2U fix that had an update on the sd card
and would like to have 3.2E on a mem card.

Basically i'd like to have all the following files on my mem card so i dont have to connect to net.

IOS51 installer-complete files
Shop Updater files
Wiigator CIOS v7 files
IOS downgrader files
CIOS downgrader files.

Is this possible or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Help would be gratefully recieved,
Steve...

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kolobos said:
I have installed homebrew etc. for friends but i would like to know why i always have to connect to the net
to download IOS51 installer & Wiigator CIOS v7 installer etc. Why can't this software be put onto an SD card
so i can update friends wii's etc. I also have to connect to net to IOS downgrade and upgrade to 3.2E etc.
This also would be good to have on a memory card. I have seen a 3.2U fix that had an update on the sd card
and would like to have 3.2E on a mem card.

Basically i'd like to have all the following files on my mem card so i dont have to connect to net.

IOS51 installer-complete files
Shop Updater files
Wiigator CIOS v7 files
IOS downgrader files
CIOS downgrader files.

Is this possible or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Help would be gratefully recieved,
Steve...

Dump it off your wii and pack it into a wad

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's set to make it more legal. Distributing cIOS files is technically illegal, but patchmii code is not, so he used patchmii to download the base IOS, patch it, and install it as 249. It makes it easier to host it on sites like this.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At least WiiGaotr's loader works offline and if you don't have internet at a Wii you don't need the shop udate. So i can't understand your problem.

kolobos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replys, in some cases where ive updated my mates wii they have no internet and ive been installing ios51 and updating the shop channel round at my gaff just in case they get internet. But... if i only need to install wiigators CIOS and a wad for the laucher then that'll probably do for now.

I don't know how to dump whatever off the wii and pack it into a wad?

Thanx Steve.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bassically you use the file system dumper to dump all the items off your wii and then use the wadpacker tool to pack a wad of the titles you wish to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: