I think it knows too much about me
sad.gif

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
user129085_pic48351_1263243664.jpg

You see, there is no actual real Cleverbot you're talking to. What it does is-- it connects you to other users, autocorrects their capitalization and spelling (as you'll notice you may come across a few typos that get past this system) and labels them as "Cleverbot." After a short amount of time, it switches you to a new user, which is why you may find that some of the responses you get make very little sense-- They weren't responding to YOU at the time they wrote that.

Now then, this may be slightly disappointing at first, and you may even hope on to tell people the truth, saying "There is no Cleverbot, it actually does such-and-such..." and getting surprised reactions (until someone tells you something random-- and you know you've gotten hopped to another user again). But the ingeniousness comes in that Cleverbot LEARNS from these interactions, and you may find that repeating similar exchanges sometimes yields the same response from the computer.

Problem?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this is how it works
QUOTE said:
It is not two people talking to each other, it is coded to respond with words contextually to what you have said to it, and as I have seen first hand, there is a database filled with 50 million contextual responses, which it has learnt from all its users over time. This as a result means it is everything to everyone. However. There is not much point trying to teach it unsuitable content, as much is filtered, usually only 1 in 10 things you say to it are actually learnt, less if unsuitable, due to filtering. Hope this clears it up a bit.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sergster1 said:
user129085_pic48351_1263243664.jpg

You see, there is no actual real Cleverbot you're talking to. What it does is-- it connects you to other users, autocorrects their capitalization and spelling (as you'll notice you may come across a few typos that get past this system) and labels them as "Cleverbot." After a short amount of time, it switches you to a new user, which is why you may find that some of the responses you get make very little sense-- They weren't responding to YOU at the time they wrote that.

Now then, this may be slightly disappointing at first, and you may even hope on to tell people the truth, saying "There is no Cleverbot, it actually does such-and-such..." and getting surprised reactions (until someone tells you something random-- and you know you've gotten hopped to another user again). But the ingeniousness comes in that Cleverbot LEARNS from these interactions, and you may find that repeating similar exchanges sometimes yields the same response from the computer.

Problem?

Holdit.gif

Godot/machomuu, prove this foolish defense lawer wrong!

Cleverbot is an A.I. It has no users, it's one massive horde mind! It only learns from interactions, and even then the results seem to be very regurgitated and reused. A human would never have the same reaction 5-6 times in a row, or at least not in the common sense.

I've tested it out. I'm convinced it's an AI. Please prove this guy wrong!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very simple, it is an A.I. that collects the data and responses from users and learns from that data and reuses data by analyzing the grammatical format of that of the user it is now responding to.

That's what I infer, at least, but it is no doubt an AI.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
It's very simple, it is an A.I. that collects the data and responses from users and learns from that data and reuses data by analyzing the grammatical format of that of the user it is now responding to.

That's what I infer, at least, but it is no doubt an AI.

Exactly...so it doesn't switch you between users that control it as our attorney suggested!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1