Why can't the EZ Omega flash cart keep my save files ??

Skeptical_sphinx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen a thread about that from 3 years ago, but I've just bought one and still the same problem. I have a GBA SP, idk the version since i switched shell, but it's on old north American one.

Please help

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't have a EZ Omega, but generally there's a cell battery on such devices, wich is needed to write and read the save state.
SRM battery it's called, again i'm not sure about your device, but it might just need that replaced, and if there is a date and time setting omewhere, set it to the correct date and time.
if that doesn't work, you either need an update for the firmware/os/menu/bios/kernal/kernel (all are software types some need installation steps)
if not, maybe someone else knows what you'll need.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have an EZ Omega flash cart, haven't used it in ages, but from memory, the internal battery inside the flash cart is used for Real Time Clock (RTC) only, not used for game saves.

Just make sure your SD CARD is formatted correctly:
- SD CARD under 2gb, format to FAT/FAT16 32kb cluster.
- SD CARD between 2gb and 32gb, format to FAT32 32kb cluster.
- SD CARD between 32gb and 128gb, format to exFAT 32kb cluster or later.

As JaapDaniels advised, try updating the firmware, download should be at the EZ Flash website.

Skeptical_sphinx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't have a EZ Omega, but generally there's a cell battery on such devices, wich is needed to write and read the save state.
SRM battery it's called, again i'm not sure about your device, but it might just need that replaced, and if there is a date and time setting omewhere, set it to the correct date and time.
if that doesn't work, you either need an update for the firmware/os/menu/bios/kernal/kernel (all are software types some need installation steps)
if not, maybe someone else knows what you'll need.
Thabks for the advice, the thing is, I've just bought it, the battery should be brand new. I can see the save files on the micro SD too, just can't access them on my GBA SP

Skeptical_sphinx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an EZ Omega flash cart, haven't used it in ages, but from memory, the internal battery inside the flash cart is used for Real Time Clock (RTC) only, not used for game saves.

Just make sure your SD CARD is formatted correctly:
- SD CARD under 2gb, format to FAT/FAT16 32kb cluster.
- SD CARD between 2gb and 32gb, format to FAT32 32kb cluster.
- SD CARD between 32gb and 128gb, format to exFAT 32kb cluster or later.

As JaapDaniels advised, try updating the firmware, download should be at the EZ Flash website.
If i have a 32gb card, do I go exFAT le FAT32 ? Because as of now I'm at FAT32 and it doesn't work

Skeptical_sphinx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Summary

After conversation with the OP, the situation was found to be an OMEGA flashed a Definitive Edition kernel, intentionally or unintentionally.
It is most definitely unintentional, as I know nothing about that. I will change the kernel and keep you updated if it actually fixes anything.

Reactions: EZ-Flash2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks