Hardware Why can't my son play the game I bought?

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to figure out this minecraft BS.

I have had a PSN ID for awhile on PS3 and have bought games. I got playstation plus for my account so we could play online on our new PS4.

I bought minecraft and got the 4.99 upgrade price but for some reason my boys could not play online together in splitscreen, they didn't have PSN ids, just a user log in on the console.

I made them PSN ids as a sub account of mine, but now when they are logged in it won't let them play minecraft or any of the other digital games I have bought at all. The game is locked for them....how do I fix this so they can play online spit screen multiplayer. I bought the game and have playstation plus.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sub account? Never heard of it, unless you mean the account that is made for anyone who is under 18 correct? Sorry i never dabbled in those affairs, but try checking the properties of the game (Highlight game in xmb and press triangle) Is there any information about owner or being locked? Then maybe you should log into your PSN and then maybe try activate system. After log in, select account management and then system activation or something. (By the way, PS+ doesn't effect anything, is only required for online games on PS4, not ps3)

Sorry if i can't help, again have not had sub accounts. I have a ps3 where i buy games and stuff from the psn store and my brother can play it just fine on his own psn, do you have multiple profiles on the system?

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subaccount or not it shows me as logged in to the system but it still trys to make my son pay $20 to unlock another license for the game. It shouldn't work like that should it?

I even had access to my previous PS3 owners games while he never logged in to my system after he sold it to me.

But yeah I guess subaccount is meant for under 18

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out I think, this is not activated as my primary PS4. I messed around on a buddys system around launch and I guess I have to find his PS4 and deactivate it.

dude22072

Trophies
Website
dude22072.com
XP
Country
United States
For others coming into this thread looking for an answer: You can only play games from another account if the PS4 you are using is their "primary" PS4. When me and my brother shared a PS4 I could play games he had downloaded no problem, but now that I have my own PS4 games downloaded by him (copied over from the system transfer) have a lock icon in the bottom right (same place the disc icon would be) while logged in as me.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For others coming into this thread looking for an answer: You can only play games from another account if the PS4 you are using is their "primary" PS4. When me and my brother shared a PS4 I could play games he had downloaded no problem, but now that I have my own PS4 games downloaded by him (copied over from the system transfer) have a lock icon in the bottom right (same place the disc icon would be) while logged in as me.

Oh, but does anyone know how to do this upgrade?

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey how can I do the upgrade from PS3 to PS4 for only $5?

You just have to be logged in on the same log in you used on PS3 when you bought Minecraft. If you go to the store it should automatically show you a $4.99 price.

When my sons were locked out of the game it wanted them to buy it for $19.99.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

True and it was a pain in the ass because I couldn't do it online I had to physically have access to his PS4 to deactivate it. I had logged in when he was living in Fresno but lucky for me he moved much closer to me. I guess this is to stop the abuse of game sharing they had on PS3

Reactions: Zero72463

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo