Hardware Why can't I just use my Vita to...

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...control my PS3!?

It's such a simple feature request, why haven't Sony implemented it?

I'm well aware of Remote Play but to be honest, it's crap. And it's just for playing PS3 games (allegedly...about only a dozen out of 300+ PS3 titles work). I'm on about more simpler tasks like navigating the XMB or controlling a Blu-Ray movie.

Why!? Why wasn't this a feature from day one?

Apple can do it without any problems. I could hook my iPad or iPhone to an Apple TV and have some control functions. Hell I can even stream stuff from both those devices to the Apple TV with relative ease, natively, with no third party interaction.

Considering both the Vita and more so the PS3 are all about all kinds of media, it's irritating to say the least, that simpler things you would expect to be there as standard, are not.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Does the Vita have enough buttons to use, what about L2 and R2

Wouldn't necessarily need them all. For example, when watching a Blu-Ray you can press the triangle button and bring up on screen controls.

...but you can accomplish the same with a wireless playstation 3 controller. Do you want this just for the sake of "Hey check it out, I can control mugh playstation with muh Vita"?

Reactions: 1 person

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the Vita have enough buttons to use, what about L2 and R2

Wouldn't necessarily need them all. For example, when watching a Blu-Ray you can press the triangle button and bring up on screen controls.

...but you can accomplish the same with a wireless playstation 3 controller. Do you want this just for the sake of "Hey check it out, I can control mugh playstation with muh Vita"?

Yeah. Pretty much. And why not? I can buy a Sony TV and a Sony Blu-Ray player and the two work together nicely, I can use one controller to do everything with both appliances. I don't think it's asking too much, that if I buy a Sony home console and a Sony handheld console, the two should have some sort of integration (integration more then just a dozen remote play games).

The irony in the above example is that with some model Sony TV's and Blu-Ray players, I can even download an app for my iPhone which can be used as a remote control. Sony can develop an app for an Apple device that allows you to control their home entertainment products, but a Vita can't even navigate the PS3 XMB. Something not quite right there.

I suppose at least at E3 they announced that they foresee the Vita as being an advanced controller for the PS3, so obviously I'm not so crazy asking for this, given they're actively developing this as a feature. Wonder whether Sony will actually deliver on this promise. They are in the habit of breaking them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father