Why cant I access the nintendo e-shop and play smash online when I am in the modded version but when putting it back to the unmodded ver its fine?

memissipi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I own a modded switch and I asked my friend to help me set it up (since I loved mods and always wanted to mod my smash) but a few months after, when my brother bought nintendo switch online to play smash online, we cant even launch online nor open the e shop. But whenever we reset the switch and put it back to its unmodded state, it works perfectly fine, being able to play online and such. Why is that and can anybody help me?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant play online with a modded switch (unless using emunand and running stock firmware at that point), running atmosphere with pirates games, are not able to go online at this point.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW blocks online access I believe. This is to try to stop a console ban. Accessing Nintendo servers while using a modded console is against Nintendo's "End User License Agreement" and will eventually result in a console ban. If you have run any pirated or homebrew apps and go online will result in a console ban even quicker. When a console is banned, you will not even be able to go online in a stock state as the console's ID has been banned.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You cant play online with a modded switch (unless using emunand and running stock firmware at that point), running atmosphere with pirates games, are not able to go online at this point.

CFW blocks online access I believe. This is to try to stop a console ban. Accessing Nintendo servers while using a modded console is against Nintendo's "End User License Agreement" and will eventually result in a console ban. If you have run any pirated or homebrew apps and go online will result in a console ban even quicker. When a console is banned, you will not even be able to go online in a stock state as the console's ID has been banned.
Atmosphere doesn't block access to eshop and online servers by default. If they are not working, user must did something to block them - incognito, 90DNS, custom hosts, cal0 blank, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: