Hacking why can I copy twilight hack to my wiu?

thongcao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I try to set up HBC on my wiu 3.4u. Have zelda game and make copy then erase it like gamma loader show. After erase save, I try to copy twilight hack on SD to wii, but it said file not copy! Any1 know why?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
please read the twilight hack instructions in order to install HBC, and read them correctly. Once with HBC please follow one of the NUMEROUS backup guides. if you are still stuck please say exactly what you have done so that the community may be able to help. im sorry if i sound harsh, however you must be one of the thousands of people who have asked things like this before..

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use the 3.4 Twilight Hack for your region and rename it to boot.dol. If you are on 3.4 firmware, the Wii will try to delete the save before you get into the game, so boot it fast.

That's all I can say. If you need more help, check some of the numerous tutorials on this site.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drock360 said:
Use the 3.4 Twilight Hack for your region and rename it to boot.dol. If you are on 3.4 firmware, the Wii will try to delete the save before you get into the game, so boot it fast.

That's all I can say. If you need more help, check some of the numerous tutorials on this site.

name the twilight hack boot.dol?????? the twiligt hack is a save game. Somebody here is clueless and I don't think it's me.

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
drock360 said:

name the twilight hack boot.dol?????? the twiligt hack is a save game. Somebody here is clueless and I don't think it's me.

Sorry about that. Its been a while since I modded my wii, so I can't remember what to rename it. Just check one of the many tutorials out there.

higuys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you have to have played zelda at least once on your wii, then delete that save, then copy over the twilight hack. you shouldn't have any problems...

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
higuys said:
you have to have played zelda at least once on your wii, then delete that save, then copy over the twilight hack. you shouldn't have any problems...

having played zelda atleast once on your wii is NOT a requirement. you do not require a previous zelda save, all you require is the zelda game disc and the twilight hack saved game.....

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure you DO have to play the game once so that a save is in place. You can delete the save then copy the new one, but if you don't save once first you can't copy the save over. At least that's how it works on 3.2

Did this change after 3.2?

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
Im pretty sure you DO have to play the game once so that a save is in place. You can delete the save then copy the new one, but if you don't save once first you can't copy the save over. At least that's how it works on 3.2

Did this change after 3.2?

Jizmo is correct. You do have to have a previous save file in place for Zelda before you can use Team Twiizers'.

D

Deleted User

No, you need it.You might don't have the save file, but the Game ID showing that you played the game is there.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on a 3.4 you do NOT need to have played the game previously. Just copy the renamed twilight hack over and then go straight to the disc channel and start the game.

I have done this on a few wii's and none of them have been anywhere near Zelda before I put the TP Hack on them.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must copy the HBC installer to the root of your SD card and make sure it's labled as boot.dol. You must also have the twilight hack file installled on the the card. assuming you have the version for 3.4 and have enough memory open just use the wii data management to copy the hack over. Now right after it finishes copying exit to the menu and load the TP Game. Then just talk to the first guy there to start the hack. It's pretty straight forward so I don't know what you could be doing wrong....... Oh and make sure it's the version for your region.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Guardian said:
You must copy the HBC installer to the root of your SD card and make sure it's labled as boot.dol. You must also have the twilight hack file installled on the the card. assuming you have the version for 3.4 and have enough memory open just use the wii data management to copy the hack over. Now right after it finishes copying exit to the menu and load the TP Game. Then just talk to the first guy there to start the hack. It's pretty straight forward so I don't know what you could be doing wrong....... Oh and make sure it's the version for your region.

Its not that straight forward so careful what advice your giving there. The 'normal' twilight hack files donmt work on version 3.4 so you need to get the specific twilight hack files for that version - its the only one that has to use different files so far.
I have both in my zip and instructions on how to change them from one to another, its a bit more complex when your on 3.4 which is one reason everyone recommends to downgrade

also the save game argument is irrelevant - he has already said 'After erase save' so he has saved the game already.

thongcao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have follow all the guide to installed. I download new twilight hack beta 2, My Twilight Princess disc is original with the code -0 on the back, so I choose US, and then when load game I choose 0. So I finally get my HBC update HBC and installed CiOS, I try to dump the Zelda original and get the ISO though wii wifi. Make Nero burn the image, but when I load the game with backup channel, the screen is black and all I hear is clicking sound from my WII system. I press the wii power button to turn off and it give me some code! so I have to hold and reset it to get the DISC out. Can you all please tell me what is wrong am doing? or what do I need next!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What are you trying to do ? If you have installed Twilight Hack, thus have HBC installed and have installed cIOS, what are you trying to do with Wi-fi .iso dumper
sleep.gif
. Not only that, you of course need to have Gamma Backup Launcher Installed, and do it with a right disc. ( DVD-R usually )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)