Status
Not open for further replies.

dries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you ALWAYS have your laptop with you to use the emulator with? If you travel by train or bus sometimes?

Real DS > Emulator if you actually live in real life, if you're a laptop boy at anytime, an emulator would've been better!

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Some games like Pokemon Ranger is based on using the touchscreen to play everytime.

I wonder if you could play with the "touchscreen" swiftly using the cursor?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lets see, it's way more enjoyable and fun playing on a DS rather then a computer. A DS is handheld, so you can take it anywhere. And well, not everyone has a computer good enough to play a DS emulator at full speed.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
emu => less than 100% compability, glitchy, not portable, need high end pc/laptop to get full speed
real DS => actually worth the money
smile.gif

i'm an emulator user until i buy the real DS
smile.gif

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
gamefreak94 said:
shlong said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
Also, some games such as Last Window require multi-touch at times.
Can't do that on a emulator can you? :|
DS does multi-touch :?
Same question. I didn't know this! You sure? Or do you just have to tap the screen rapidly with two fingers?
There's a part in Last Window where you have to turn off the alarm or something(I think, i myself haven't got to that part yet.), a relative was playing it on a emulator, due to multi-touch i had to transfer the save to my DS and do it there.
You have to hold the glass panel to one side and use another stylus/your finger to turn off the lever.
Apparently the multi-touch is programmed into the game itself.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
wow,that's a silly question...suppose everyone used an emulator and noone bought a DS...you wouldn't be expecting 3DS now if you did that.

and yes

REAL DS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>emulator

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ShadowSoldier said:
CookiesMilk said:
I wonder if you could play with the "touchscreen" swiftly using the cursor?

Yes.

@OP: Not everybody has a strong enough computer that can run DS games. I don't.
Try to play Pokemon Ranger with S capture rank with an emulator. (Record it as a video and show me.)

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gundam Eclipse said:
gamefreak94 said:
shlong said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
Same question. I didn't know this! You sure? Or do you just have to tap the screen rapidly with two fingers?
There's a part in Last Window where you have to turn off the alarm or something(I think, i myself haven't got to that part yet.), a relative was playing it on a emulator, due to multi-touch i had to transfer the save to my DS and do it there.
You have to hold the glass panel to one side and use another stylus/your finger to turn off the lever.
ohmy.gif
dls buys :3

Haptic

Trophies
XP
Country
lol wat you don't need a high end computer to emulate ds game smoothly on an emulator. My low end comp with an Intel E7300 and NVIDIA 8400gs easily runs games flawlessly in term of smoothness. eg pokemon white

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
shlong said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
gamefreak94 said:
shlong said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
ohmy.gif
dls buys :3
[facepalm]
The DS can't do multi touch. When you touch two spots on a DS, it records the center point of the two touch points.
Honestly, I know this. And so does GameFAQs. FREAKING GAMEFAQS!!!

Therefore, all you need to do is swiftly flick the middle of the two switches. And are you sure it wasn't Dusk? I know you had to turn on a generator in Dusk, I've forgotten Last Window.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my situation:
I love RPGs!, I would like to play every game of each saga (zelda, pokemon, fire emblem, tales of..., etc).
My computer can emulate the NDS but doesn’t have enough power to emulate the Wii.

Since I can’t afford the two consoles (Wii and NDS) I choose the Wii over the DS because I can play DS games on my PC.

I love the concept of portability, but (for me) the only thing that matters is: the game. I want to play all my favorites games, doesn’t matter how (in bed, tv, pc, outside, travelling, bus, etc).

In conclusion, I only buy things that cannot be emulated. It’s really hard to be a gamer and don’t have enough money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: