Hacking Why black screen after booting Hekate or ReinX?

DCRX2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup all, so something strange happened when booting Hekate ctaer or reinx with TegraRCM: They simply wouldn't boot.

My system is already hacked on a 7.0.1 firmware with a 400GB sd with exfat. Tegra windows app used to let me use any bootloader.

I got a black screen after the splash, and it just stood black. Had to hold power button to restart. The only one I could load was Atmosphere from the newest Tegra, which I kind of didn't want to use.

What could be the cause of this? The last thing I did was delete old hekate ctaer files from the root of the drive, they're totally gone now, but I have the latest one in there. What can I do to fix this if possible, thanks.

Last edited by DCRX2020,
Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Since you mentioned that you're using exFAT it could be the culprit behind all of this.
Make a data backup of your SD card and format it on fat32 with GUI format and I'd be best to start fresh with the atmosphere/hekate/ReiNX and/or kosmos package.
grab the kosmos package from http://SDSetup.com (make sure the signature patches option is ticked, otherwise your installed NSPs won't load)

If I doesn't work, consider trying with a different SD card and see if it fixes it.
By the by, are you using the latest tegrarcm with its respective libusbK driver?

DCRX2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that exfat was the issue somewhat, but it's strange that this is happening out of nowhere. Also, some of my games were becoming corrupted out of the blue, even after I had just played them.

Will report back after switching to fat32, thanks.

DCRX2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I turned it into FAT32 and started somewhat fresh with atmosphere (reinx as backup.) it's booting fine now, but I still get system crashes if I use hb store or USB installing with newest versions of goldleaf, freezes after clicking usb while plugged in to pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi