Hardware Why aren't we allowed to see the 3DS demos on action from vid?

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my question. I've seen more than 12 previews of the 3DS but none show the demos, apart from the Hardware itself. Various game sites from E3, or other recent Nintendo Events (France, UK etc.) show only the hardware. I've managed only to look at the official screens of the 3DS games and some user "shaky" videos from E3. Why all this secrecy? Someone at BBC I think claimed that we can't see 3D and that's why they are not showing gameplay footage (which is true).

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the 3D-ness wouldn't show through, so the "Wow" factor is gone. I don't know why that'd stop the from showing SOME footage, though. I'd love to see some better footage of some of their neater demos, like the Augmented Reality one.

starfox223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its because they don't want it to show up in mainstream media other than youtube. If it was shown on say fox news, they would claim it does 3D but they would have no way to really show it.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They don't want people to look at the screens through a video because they could decide they aren't getting the 3DS because they were underwhelmed at the 3D effect through the video.
I have seen two videos of the 3DS and in one you could clearly see depth but not as 3D as you would in person I'd imagine. I forgot the video but it was a topic here about the only footage or whatever (even though i've seen others
ninja.gif
)

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they place some playable demo units in stores well before release (like the demos they had at E3)

really sucks missing THAT E3
frown.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deathmore said:
Couldn't Nintendo just like turn off the 3D and then show the gameplay? That way the 3D wow factor isn't gone?
they could, but for some reason nintendo is trying really hard to make people think that 3D is the only thing the 3DS offers
frown.gif
gotta be the worst marketing team ever XD

well.... either that or its horrible and they want people to buy it without knowing how bad it is, making it the best marketing team ever....

either way.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo isn't witholding gameplay footage because the 3D effect is "Horrible, and they want people to buy it without knowing how bad it is."

Get real, they showed the system to many people at E3, and the 3DS won the best of show award. I think that word of mouth, and general feedback will be enough to convince a lot of people to preorder the 3DS. When demo units arrive in retail stores, I imagine that people are going to be very impressed, and want to buy one.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
Nintendo isn't witholding gameplay footage because the 3D effect is "Horrible, and they want people to buy it without knowing how bad it is."

Get real, they showed the system to many people at E3, and the 3DS won the best of show award. I think that word of mouth, and general feedback will be enough to convince a lot of people to preorder the 3DS. When demo units arrive in retail stores, I imagine that people are going to be very impressed, and want to buy one.
Well then what's a good reason for them to be withholding gameplay footage of the demos?

D

Deleted User

Marketing. Nintendo want every 3DS to be a unique experience. And if shown in gameplay footage, it simply wouldn't show and 3dness at all. As aforementioned, the 3DS won the best of show award, which is more than enough to say it's a good console. The suspense is a strategy to make us buy the thing.

Remember those DS Test stands in shops - they won't exist for the 3DS.

QuietShark9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they show it, some ignorant people will claim the 3D effect isn't all that amazing, when they saw it on a regular 2D screen that cannot show the 3D component. I guess that's why there is no footage.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
demonicstrife said:
Well then what's a good reason for them to be withholding gameplay footage of the demos?
The fact they're prerendered demos and not actual gameplay footage?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
JetKun said:
Of course they will, what are you talking about? There's absolutely no reason at all for Nintendo not to put those tryout stands there, because there will be loads and loads of people eager to try the thing out (you know, 3D and all), and because nearly all of them will like it, sales will be booming!

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Ellie said:
JetKun said:
Of course they will, what are you talking about? There's absolutely no reason at all for Nintendo not to put those tryout stands there, because there will be loads and loads of people eager to try the thing out (you know, 3D and all), and because nearly all of them will like it, sales will be booming!

Yes, Im quite sure some stores will have some 3DS test stand ups. A lot of them already have for 3D-TVs and stuff.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...