Gaming Why aren't there any PSP game translations?

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to PSP hacks (Waiting on my PSP-2000 Pandora to arrive) and I was wondering why there are no import PSP game translations, or even attempted translations of any games? I mean it's not like there's no good import games that aren't coming to America/Europe (Bleach Heat the Soul 6, Tales of VS, Macross series, DJ Max portable series). Are PSP games extremely hard to edit or something?

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popcorn Fairy said:
When something like Fate/Unlimited Codes gets localized, there's really no need, as anything worthwhile will be localized anyway.
I don't really see Bleach Heat the Soul 6 or the Macross series coming to the US anytime soon.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
dartdude6 said:
I'm new to PSP hacks (Waiting on my PSP-2000 Pandora to arrive) and I was wondering why there are no import PSP game translations, or even attempted translations of any games? I mean it's not like there's no good import games that aren't coming to America/Europe (Bleach Heat the Soul 6, Tales of VS, Macross series, DJ Max portable series). Are PSP games extremely hard to edit or something?
Be careful when using the Pandora battery on your psp 2000 some 2000 can't be hack.
What you want to do is the chickHen R2 on it then do the psident on it too make sure you can ran the pandora battery.

PSP 2000 "Unhackable" (TA-088v3) if you got that board only the chickHen R2 will work with the custom enabler only if your firmware on your psp is 5.03 ofw by sony. then you can do it.

Popcorn Fairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dartdude6 said:
Popcorn Fairy said:
When something like Fate/Unlimited Codes gets localized, there's really no need, as anything worthwhile will be localized anyway.
I don't really see Bleach Heat the Soul 6 or the Macross series coming to the US anytime soon.

Dunno what Macross is, but isn't Heat the Soul 6 a fighting game? You don't need a translation for a fighting game.

MZ EXE.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Simple answer, there aren't any PSP translations since they seem to be hard to do. Hell I've only heard of 2 games that have been semi/translated before a US release and that was Monster Hunter 2G Portable and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.

Popcorn Fairy said:
Fate Unlimited Codes thats 1 that maybe got localized, but I can clearly say there's plenty that should be localized but aren't going to be.

Just to list a few,
Bleach (both Heat of the Soul and Soul Carnival series)
Clannad
Gundam (Series)
Hatsune Miku Project Diva
Initial Stage D: Street Stage
Kanon
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn Battle Arena
Macross Ultimate Frontier
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2

There's probably a lot more that aren't going to get localized.

MZ EXE.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Popcorn Fairy said:
What makes you think they won't bring over Radiant Mythology 2? They brought the first one over here.
There's no announcement of it, no release date and its been released in Japan for quite a while I would expect a US/EU release date to have already been set by now.

They most likely aren't going to being it to the US since the first game had bad sales.

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popcorn Fairy said:

Then why are there like 15 different translation projects going on for pokemon HG and SS? Every single pokemon game since the gameboy color has seen a stateside release, so I know that HG and SS are no exception. Are people really just that impatient to play a silly game?

Popcorn Fairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MZ EXE. said:
Popcorn Fairy said:
What makes you think they won't bring over Radiant Mythology 2? They brought the first one over here.
There's no announcement of it, no release date and its been released in Japan for quite a while I would expect a US/EU release date to have already been set by now.

They most likely aren't going to being it to the US since the first game had bad sales.

Eh, who knows. Namco is odd as hell with what they localize.

JesseB said:
QUOTE(Popcorn Fairy @ Oct 7 2009, 12:01 AM)

Then why are there like 15 different translation projects going on for pokemon HG and SS? Every single pokemon game since the gameboy color has seen a stateside release, so I know that HG and SS are no exception. Are people really just that impatient to play a silly game?

I'd assume so. They should have done something more worthwhile...like a Phantasy Star Zero menu/item translation or something. But eh.

Lelouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MZ EXE. said:
Simple answer, there aren't any PSP translations since they seem to be hard to do. Hell I've only heard of 2 games that have been semi/translated before a US release and that was Monster Hunter 2G Portable and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.

Popcorn Fairy said:
Fate Unlimited Codes thats 1 that maybe got localized, but I can clearly say there's plenty that should be localized but aren't going to be.

Just to list a few,
Bleach (both Heat of the Soul and Soul Carnival series)
Clannad
Gundam (Series)
Hatsune Miku Project Diva
Initial Stage D: Street Stage
Kanon
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn Battle Arena
Macross Ultimate Frontier
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2

There's probably a lot more that aren't going to get localized.

can you play hatsune miku project diva if you don't know japanese?

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Because translating PSP iso is harder than translating NDS rom, in order to translate PSP iso you have to know some programming languages (C++, C#, Visual Basic, etc) and coding knowledge.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
dartdude6 said:

It is possible to translate PSP games and I don't know if it is hard or not but I was involved with translating MONSTER HUNTER 2G in KOREAN so there are people out there who do these things. You just gotta look around a bit more.

DJMAX is already in 3 languages (ENG JAP KOR), and games with extremely popular characters and a long history (macross, Tales of whatever) require more money due to licensing and in the end these games would never produce enough profit in comparison to time and money spent thus they decide not to do it.

One other example would be Super Robo Taisen series (exclude the OG because it involves ORIGINAL characters thus no additional licensing)

Because the amount of famous robots in it are massive, and they dont all belong to one company, they would need to pay licensing fees to various companies and in the end not only is getting permission a problem but the amount of money involved in it is no joke. Thus a no go.

In terms of fan translations though, there are a LOT going on out there. You just gotta look more.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
fkw12 said:
dartdude6 said:

It is possible to translate PSP games and I don't know if it is hard or not but I was involved with translating MONSTER HUNTER 2G in KOREAN so there are people out there who do these things. You just gotta look around a bit more.

DJMAX is already in 3 languages (ENG JAP KOR), and games with extremely popular characters and a long history (macross, Tales of whatever) require more money due to licensing and in the end these games would never produce enough profit in comparison to time and money spent thus they decide not to do it.

One other example would be Super Robo Taisen series (exclude the OG because it involves ORIGINAL characters thus no additional licensing)

Because the amount of famous robots in it are massive, and they dont all belong to one company, they would need to pay licensing fees to various companies and in the end not only is getting permission a problem but the amount of money involved in it is no joke. Thus a no go.

In terms of fan translations though, there are a LOT going on out there. You just gotta look more.
so far i only knew of MH and haruhi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte