why aren't presidents of british companies called prime ministers of the company

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
because that would make the workers of such companies ministers when that is far from it.

ministers have some power.

workers have none.

i see British people work like crazy and get paid nothing. i cant even imagine people in places like India and china.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Humanity

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I am actually curious if minister is a protected title.

You may also wish to look up the separation of powers in a government. Your US centric world view might have caused you to miss some nuance.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may also wish to look up the separation of powers in a government. Your US centric world view might have caused you to miss some nuance.
They seem pretty similar. A CEO serves at the pleasure of the board of directors and can be removed just as easily as they are appointed. The same is true of the Prime Minister, is it not? They serve at the pleasure of Parliament and can be removed should Parliament become unsatisfied with their performance.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They seem pretty similar. A CEO serves at the pleasure of the board of directors and can be removed just as easily as they are appointed. The same is true of the Prime Minister, is it not? They serve at the pleasure of Parliament and can be removed should Parliament become unsatisfied with their performance.
Depends upon the company setup, the abilities of the CEO, the amount of shares involved (if you want to look at a lot of tech companies then the owner-founder and often CEO has enough shares to override just about anything). Similarly removal of a prime minister via official channels is a rather rare event (while votes to ask for it are maybe one in a decade affairs the last one to happen was the 1970s, and the one before that being in the 1920s).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi