Hacking Why are websites that sell R4 cards so shady-looking?

SJ64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to get an R4 device or something, but almost every website I go on is kinda shady. I don't want malware to be downloaded or my credit card information stolen. Do you have any suggestions for what website to use to buy it? Thanks!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to get an R4 device or something, but almost every website I go on is kinda shady. I don't want malware to be downloaded or my credit card information stolen. Do you have any suggestions for what website to use to buy it? Thanks!
I don't know where you have been looking thinking every website is shady but here is a good website.

http://www.modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

SJ64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where you have been looking thinking every website is shady but here is a good website.

http://www.modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
Practically every website that sold R4 cards that one of my friends went on was blocked by MalwareBytes (including NDS Card). But anyways, it seems that the site you linked was okay, though. I'll add it to my bookmarks so I don't forget it.

Last edited by SJ64,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Practically every website that sold R4 cards that one of my friends went on was blocked by MalwareBytes (including NDS Card). But anyways, it seems that the site you linked was okay, though. I'll add it to my bookmarks so I don't forget it.
I can cnfirm NDS-CARD is safe, Bought from them many times.

Reactions: orangy57

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are buying a shady cart, from a shady part of China (which is a pretty shady country,) giving shady people money, to send you a cart for piracy. The entire situation is shady.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I used to order from r4-3.com but now its gone and redirects to yeahgeek or something.
PeachDS used to be good but now it links to ebay listings so I don't know.

Personally, I prefer to buy cards off of members on the forums. Thats how I got a gateway for a little under $40 shipped.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Nintendo's probably paid some AV companies to block flashcart sites.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also also, any site accepting paypal is a scam.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this concern as well which is why I ended up using nds-card.com when I found out they accept PayPal. They are definitely not a scam as they are GBAtemp's sponsor and I received my order fairly quickly.

Reactions: 7iven8Nine

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw R4i SDHC Dual Core 2016 cards for sale on Amazon... They are the same as the kind from r4isdhc.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.