Why are the 100-coin shines in Super Mario Sunshine so damn tedious to collect?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,046
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
Why are the 100-coin shines in Super Mario Sunshine so damn tedious to collect?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going by previous comments on the philosophy of design that Nintendo uses I imagine they viewed them as a sort of high level skill type thing; let the kids muddle through and enjoy getting the basic shines, let others grind for 100 coins and others still showcase control skills with the blue coin challenges.

Also others playing along at home if you never looked into the various glitch play things people do for this game I highly recommend it

D

Deleted User

OP
Going by previous comments on the philosophy of design that Nintendo uses I imagine they viewed them as a sort of high level skill type thing; let the kids muddle through and enjoy getting the basic shines, let others grind for 100 coins and others still showcase control skills with the blue coin challenges.

Also others playing along at home if you never looked into the various glitch play things people do for this game I highly recommend it
-snip-
Yeah, SMS has some pretty fun glitches. I like to complete stages as out-of-order as possible. In fact, I collected to 100-coin shine in Delfino Plaza before I had either boat access or the hover nozzle. I wasn't about to go through all that again.
It strikes me as strange how all the glitches are more or less easy to pull off. I prefer SM64 to Sunshine, but I can't consistently BLJ to save my life.

About the 100-coin shines, that makes sense. Still, some of them are a bit ridiculous... like in Gelato Beach, where you have to break each watermelon ten times AND turn in the two smaller ones AND collect the loose coins in the stage AND still kill a good chunk of the Cataquacks.
They add a little nugget of crap on an otherwise decent game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U