Hacking Why are some roms glitchy on EZ Flash Omega

JV1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought an EZ Flash Omega 2 days after my birthday, and got it 10 days later. The GBA games work great without any issue. But with some games for NES/GB/GBC, they are kinda glitchy or sort of offputting.

The Super GameBoy roms in particular. They do have the borders like they would on SNES. But the color palettes are all not like they were on the original.

I even tested the recently unearthed proto of Sim City on NES, ALL the Pokemon games, and various other games & rom hacks. And they either are glitchy looking or don't work properly.

As for Pocket NES and Goomba Color, they are beyond outdated. I was wondering if there will be an update implimented in the next kernel so they will work properly.

Not knocking the flash cart too sudden. It DOES have GBA down packed. But for backwards compatibility purposes and wanting to play other consoles on the go through a GBA or NDS(which is what I am playing this on), I was wondering if there will be any updates for these emulators that are from 2019 and further to have it pitch perfect?

One other thing, widescreen for GB/GBC games while playing on NDS. It would be good to have full screen as opposed to pixel perfect. Just saying.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wouldn't get my hopes up since in the end they are emulators. Emulators for those systems even have issues on the DS so chances of them being better on a GBA are slim. If someone down the line comes and makes better emulators for the DS then maybe but I do not think the EZ flash team will go and start updating those emulators. Consider them more of a bonus.

JV1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you're right. But this thing called Goomba Color. Would I just get PokeMon Crystal to be put into a GBA rom with Goomba Color, and that curing the issue? Or am I just hoping on a loss?

JV1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like the only alternative I can get is doing GB/GBC off the R4 cart. But for GBA, it works great. Yet the multiboot games are not picking up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters