Hacking Why are flashcards unusable after using them for ntrboot?

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What the tittle says.
I own a R4i RTS 3DS and I've seen that it can be used to install/flash ntrboot.But does it worth it if I waste such a card? Does it offer something better than other R4i Clones or Blue Gateway for example?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the tittle says.
I own a R4i RTS 3DS and I've seen that it can be used to install/flash ntrboot.But does it worth it if I waste such a card? Does it offer something better than other R4i Clones or Blue Gateway for example?
They aren't unusable. You can reflash the original firmware afterwards and use it normally.

You can swap between a working flashcard and using it for NTRBooTHaX any time you want. It's not a permanent thing.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't unusable. You can reflash the original firmware afterwards and use it normally.

You can swap between a working flashcard and using it for NTRBooTHaX any time you want. It's not a permanent thing.
This ^^^. Also here's the page on 3ds.guide with links to the flashcart firms.
https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot) (They're under Section V - Removing NTRBoot)

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry,I misunderstood a part of the guide,good think I read it again.So,does that mean that after I use the flashcard to install NTRBoot,deleting the files in its SD card (and inserting it's firmware files) will make it work like normal ?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry,I misunderstood a part of the guide,good think I read it again.So,does that mean that after I use the flashcard to install NTRBoot,deleting the files in its SD card (and inserting it's firmware files) will make it work like normal ?
No, you reflash the card the same way you flashed it to install ntrboot. The instructions to reflash the original firmware are at the bottom of the page.

You don't need to delete any files off of its SD or copy the flashrom to it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte