Why are DS European covers with different colours' stripes?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by WiiCube_2013, May 4, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    This is such an idiotic thing to have on their cover spines it breaks the consistency, if you have a green and then one with purple/red or what have you. It also happens to be on 3DS, NGC, Wii and Wii U game covers too.

The Americans have the better of it, i.e, no colour difference on their spines

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    It's the language.

3. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    To expand on Pingouin7's response:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_packaging#Box_art

4. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    That's really a shame that Nintendo still uses this coloured-system thingy because it'd be for the better that it wouldn't use it, heck, PlayStation and Xbox games don't have this silly thing on their covers.

And it ain't like I can pretend it's not there 'cause when I'd look at the shelf that'd be the odd one (purple, yellow, red) from the rest (green).

Darn tootin' Nintendo!

5. D4nny26

D4nny26 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

What annoys me is this, the 3ds, bottom half colour looks nice, top half looks silly,

3ds xl, top half and bottom half in red or blue look nice, but the inside is black and looks standard.

Why colour the outside when that's the side you only see when you ain't playing,

Similar thing with those blue and black ds lites,

Why not just have one colour all over ?

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Because having black around the screen helps you focus on the screen. Also, if the whole top part was black it would look weird when closed.

7. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    It's so they can claim they push more triangles per second than competing console manufacturers.