Why Are All The Reviews So Weird?

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was taking a break from 420 no scoping n00b in CoD, and stumbled upon this game on Steam. I looked at the reviews, and they're all so... weird. I can't tell if it's a good game or not.

Example of reviews:

"My friend got me this game, I swear."

"10/10, it was kinda ***, but I got a new waifu, so I'm definitely not regreting the $7.49 I paid for this."

"We all know why we got this game. I don't even need to write a proper review to convince you."

I don't get it. Is this a good game? Anyone played it? I usually just play CoD, so I'm unfamiliar with these types of games...

Here's the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/313740/

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
O lol unless you really are interested in VN's then perhaps is not for you. These people "weaboos" or "otakus" or people who like VN's may like such thing.

TL;DR: If you don't like visual novela then pass. Though most visual novels are have deep story.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O lol unless you really are interested in VN's then perhaps is not for you. These people "weaboos" or "otakus" or people who like VN's may like such thing.

TL;DR: If you don't like visual novela then pass. Though most visual novels are have deep story.

If he mostly just plays COD, I can safely say he probably would not enjoy the game he linked at all.

As much as I enjoy a decent Anime now and then. that game probably wouldn't be my cup of tea. (More of a Katamiri Damacy guy myself when it comes to Japanese games.)

Reactions: Katsumi San

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
If he mostly just plays COD, I can safely say he probably would not enjoy the game he linked at all.

As much as I enjoy a decent Anime now and then. that game probably wouldn't be my cup of tea. (More of a Katamiri Damacy guy myself when it comes to Japanese games.)

Oh, I think you are correct. But I play CoD:Ghosts on my WiiU..!! Hmm perhaps there is some Japanese love for games in his/her heart? I will say that unless you are frequent Japanese gamer, you will like this. If not please pass.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So kawaii ❤(◕‿◕✿)

That says it all!

I-i-it's not like I MEANT to buy you this game, BAKA!

brb killing myself

I've never seen the draw in VNs like this, though at the same time I do quite enjoy the Phoenix Wright games, another VN series. So to each their own, I guess. Can guarantee with 99% certainty OP would not like this. If you're enjoying CoD go pick up some Casual Souls 2 or Payday 2. Both some pretty hot games right now, especially on PC. Don't even bother with Payday 2 on consoles, it's a joke. Dev support is solely focused on the PC version now.

Also, if you really wanna check out a VN that might be like this, give Katawa Shoujo a try. I haven't played it myself, might at some point, but there's actually a pretty big following behind it. It grew from 4chan. And it's free.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I was taking a break from 420 no scoping n00b in CoD, and stumbled upon this game on Steam. I looked at the reviews, and they're all so... weird. I can't tell if it's a good game or not.

Example of reviews:

"10/10, it was kinda ***, but I got a new waifu, so I'm definitely not regreting the $7.49 I paid for this."

"We all know why we got this game. I don't even need to write a proper review to convince you."

I don't get it. Is this a good game? Anyone played it? I usually just play CoD, so I'm unfamiliar with these types of games...

Here's the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/313740/

The warning in the description says it all:

"This game includes nudity and explicit sexual dialog."

The reason these reviews are weird is - as others have mentioned - that it contains nudity. And either these "reviewers" are teen boys who are too afraid or insecure in the presence of ladies to talk about the subject in a mature matter and resort to avoidance or pretending to be tough (the first two you mention) or plainly don't bother to give it a proper review (the latter).

That last one probably deserves some more explanation. The reason we like or dislike games isn't based on reason but on feelings. If a game has perfect controls and flows smooth, putting it into words is a step back from the actual experience. And with sexual content, that feeling can get pretty overwhelming since heterosexual men don't exactly act rationally in the presence of attractive women. That third reviewer at least acknowledges that fact: people buy it for that 'nudity and explicit sexual dialog'. It has that (apparently), and anything else is...well...irrelevant. It's like criticizing playboy for the quality of their articles. No matter how right you may be, people are still going to buy it for the pretty pictures.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP is a troll guys. Check his posts. They're all about how he just plays COD lol. That being said I hope to see more threads like this, they're entertaining.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm