Why am I not getting any villagers in Bravely Default through Streetpass?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by cloudfe, May 26, 2014.

1. cloudfe
    OP

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    I'm on Mac, and I'm using a script to get multiple Streetpasses each day, and it works flawlessly. But when it comes to Bravely Default, I can only get new villagers (something 5, sometimes 3) through updating my data one's a day.
    I understand other people need to have the game, but after more than 70 Streetpasses it seems very strange I didn't get one villager from them.

Could someone help me understand what's wrong?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Protip: Next time, instead of double posting your topic in two sections, wait for a mod to move the old topic to the correct section.

T-hug likes this.
  3. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, if people keep posting the same thing multiple times we'll run out of room.

Anyway, are you properly cycling MAC addresses? Also you can only get a limited amount before you have to wait another 8 hrs (I think, something like that anyway).

4. Sciduck

Sciduck Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2014
    I had the same problem with ALBW, there's a bug where the most recently activated streetpass game doesn't get hits, try activating something over it.

5. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    This. This is a known issue that has been around long before Homepass. What I tend to do is reactivate the Streetpass portion of Swapnote, then shut it off again. This seems to work for me.

After a certain point, though, villagers really become meaningless in Bravely Default.

6. cloudfe
    OP

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    I'm sorry, I didn't get your system to make it work. What is that you do exactly?

7. Sychophantom

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    The bug is related to the last entry for Streetpass, effectively not enabling it. So, I enable something useless to be that "last entry", AKA Swapnote.....then I just disable Swapnote because sadly still I get notes from it when it's enabled.

8. cloudfe
    OP

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    Since I don't have Swapnote (and can't download it being in 2.2) would this trick work if I disable Streetpass for Mii Plaza and then turn it on again?

9. Sychophantom

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    It might. I never bothered with firmware spoofing or using a Gateway/similar.

10. mooseable

mooseable Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2014
    I had this problem. It was showing people up into the mii plaza, but not bravely default. Turns out it's something to do with the limited amount of data that is sent during a streetpass, it may end up spending the entire time just sending streetpass data for one of your other applications.

To fix it, go to Settings, Data Management, StreetPass Management, then turn off the mii plaza or any other titles other than Bravely Default.