Why am I here most of the time

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,021
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
As you can see in Wii Hacking forum, I am very active there. There was a little history on why this happened. Interested? Read on. Don't care? GTFO.

I finally got my Ninty Wii on November 2008 after a year of persuading my parents >:). November is also the month that I found gbatemp, I found that I can do more than just Gecko OS in HBC (The retailer sold the thing with HBC and Geckos pre-installed), and I also found out that my little brother was gonna be circumcised (He was 8 back then).

Just a few days after he is circumcised, he got the chicken pox, and his "rod" ain't even okay yet. Yea, chicken pox ain't deadly, but could you bear hearing the screams of pain of your little brother almost every minute?

I was trying to install a few WADs, till I hit an error. I resulted to asking here for help, EoC recommended me to follow his guide. I did, and hit a few errors but ignored them. Then, Big Moe (Or is it djtaz?) suggested that I should do the guide again. To my surprise, cios_fix.wad wasn't able to be installed, leaving me with some useless backup games (Which can't be loaded on 3.4 for some reason). Back then, my little brother is still having the chicken pox.

One night, my family gone to a shopping mall without me, leaving me alone with my Wii, still isn't downgraded yet. I tried and tried and tried, still failed. Then, this last time I tried to exit IOS Downgrader, it shows the wicked "System Files Are Corrupted" error. Of course, being a 13 year old with a newly bought Wii (It was December at this point), I freaked the fucking sake out of me. Still trying to turn on, turn off, failed. Till I booted with what I thought was the correct method for going into Maintenance Mode, it works again.

Anyway, cut off the useless talk, my brother got home with a game called "MySims Kingdom". He pushed it into the Wii, but he can't play, got DRE's (Weird, but I really knew this was the fact that it was on 3.4). He cried, and I felt fucking guilty, really fucking guilty.

The next day, was a Family Day. I was still haunted by the guilty feeling each time I took a look at my parents' happy faces (Because I didn't tell them about this). A few hours in the river, my brother got out with an expression of he's hurting. We then realised that he's "Rod" was bleeding. The guilty feeling struck me like thunder.

After a lot of trial and error (and PMs from EoC), I finally posted a thread requesting help. Soon, djtaz (or was it Big Moe) suggested that I should install cios_fix.wad. I said "Heck, the thing is broken anyway, can't hurt to try". So, I tried installing it without uninstalling it. Without further ado, everything else works. I owe them a big thanks, and of course (weirdly enough), due to this, my brother can finally play MySims, and my guilty feeling is gone.

So, that is why I am here, to help people with problems. Call me a nerd or geek, but I think that I should repay the community back by this.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
*GTFOs*

It's fine helping people back, just don't make a big deal out of so small things (my two cents, anyway).

D

Deleted User

OP
Small things for you, big stuffs to me.

I still think that if it weren't for the people who helped me, I would've been cursing myself.

Sorry for taking your time on reading this, though.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice post about being thankful for people helping you out with problems. Its too bad the only response you got so far was from someone who probably didn't give a shiz enough to read and appreciate what you were saying...maybe I should make a post about why I am NOT here most of the time...it would be dedicated to condescending assholes who think their opinion is the omnipotent.

If it was a big deal to him, then...it is a big deal. It was about him being thankful for people helping him and his brother in a period of hardship. And everything is relative to the person who experiences it. No one wants your two cents if they are just thoughtless negitive dribble.

Thanks for taking the time to thank the helpful people from this forum. Just do your best to ignore the others who have nothing but crap to say because they can't contribute on any meaningful level.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well I read the whole thing, I thought it was quite interesting really, I hope your little bro is ok now, poor guy.

And Im glad you got your Wii sorted out, and that your going to make an effort to help people here they way you were helped!

And dont listen to Maktub, hes talking crap, this is your blog and your story was very fitting for a blog.
yaypsp.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, easy there... I DID take the time to read his post and I just gave him a piece of advice. That's also helping people in the forum, get it? Telling them what you think, and believing they'll be able to contrast every opinion and decide something?

I could very well say you guys are talking crap, or he was, but I didn't. I'd appreciate that, too.

D

Deleted User

OP
QUOTE said:
Good story but I want to know why your brother was getting circumcised when he is eight. Isn't it usually done when you are born?

According to Malaysian's tradition, we (The boys) are circumcised around 7 - 12 years old.
QUOTEWell, easy there... I DID take the time to read his post and I just gave him a piece of advice. That's also helping people in the forum, get it? Telling them what you think, and believing they'll be able to contrast every opinion and decide something?

I could very well say you guys are talking crap, or he was, but I didn't. I'd appreciate that, too.

Glad you took the time to read it.

And my bro is A-OK now. No chicken pox, no other health disease.

Thanks again for reading

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why were you guilty that your brother's "rod" was bleeding? That wasn't your fault. Unless the inability to play MySims caused it to bleed. Well, I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that's why I am so broke lol