who's waiting for midnight @ Walmart this Sat?

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get the pre-order (I just waited till the other day to actually get a Wii because no one game really interests me thats out yet), but I will be waiting at Wal-mart around midnight on Saturday to see if I can get my hands on one.

How fast do you think it'll sell out? Or will it even sell out?

I'm talking about Smash Brawl in case you haven't figured it out yet... I mean only every other topic is about it.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if the English copy leaks online before Saturday, I'm still waiting in line to buy this game; my brother and I are quite firm on the belief that good games should be bought- even if it's one copy between the two of us.

My brother and I were joking about making a portable setup for the Wii so we could play Brawl while in line to buy brawl. XD

comtois

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is there a walmart in guatemala? i'll be out of the country, so i guess it'll have to wait...

i'm hoping that any issues that come up are resolved by the time i get back.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd consider it if it weren't so pointless; each time I've asked about Brawl at Wal-Mart they'd just snap 'no' or stare back at me with a dumb, blank look.

However, one stockboy I talked to told me they had three cases (hundreds) of copies for the Halo 3 release and didn't even go through one in the first day..And that was a bigger release with more fanfare, IMO. So I'd be willing to wager that there's absolutely no need to camp at all because there isn't going to be a shortage of SSBB.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minor?

Though I disagree with that, I still don't think you'll have to wait in line for it. Us Europeans will have to wait quite a while yet though. I mean, August :'(

I suppose I could get the Freeloader for this, though I doubt I'll use it for much else than Brawl. And if I get problems with the Freeloader, I'm not gonna like buying it again. Hmmm...

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Trolly said:
Minor?

Though I disagree with that, I still don't think you'll have to wait in line for it. Us Europeans will have to wait quite a while yet though. I mean, August :'(

I suppose I could get the Freeloader for this, though I doubt I'll use it for much else than Brawl. And if I get problems with the Freeloader, I'm not gonna like buying it again. Hmmm...

I think it just seems very huge for you since you are (probably) hanging on a lot of sites and forums, reading about it, as well as looking forward alot to it ^^
And that August thingie, that's absolutely not certain
smile.gif

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I know this is irrelevant, I went to Wal-mart at midnight to get a copy of the Burning Crusade (World of Warcraft expansion) and there was about 20 people there. They didn't sell out of course, but there were people there waiting.

I called someone at Wal-mart earlier actually, and they said that a LOT of people had asked about Brawl and its suppose to be one of the bigger releases... he said I ought to come 2 hours earlier and "hover" around the electronics area if I really wanted to make sure I got a copy. BUT... the Wal-mart I called is in the suburbs and I'm going to assume a lot more people will be there than a Wal-mart in the city.

Of course, you can always wait till the next day to get one. But I want to play it that night so... yea.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't intend to wait all that long. The local Wal-Mart by me is only 5 minutes away, so I'm going to do some shopping and linger around. My sister-in-law works in the electronics dept, and while she can't get us a copy early she can ensure we have a copy when the time comes.

Like esoterica, we just want to play the game that night.
biggrin.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the biggest releases the Wii will ever have. There will be plenty of copies available. Except at EBGames/Gamestop, because of their stupid pre-order. But Best Buy/Circuit City/K-mart/Walmart/Everyone else will have a billion copies, so don't worry.

Oh, you NEEDED to have it the second it came out? Sorry I misunderstood.

CheckYourSix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll send some money with a friend to pick it up if possible. If not I'll go bright and early next day, I can't wait.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre-orderd :3
Im gonna grab it at gamestop that midnight and try the luanch party tournament.
I was origonally planning on passing on Smash Bros till later, but with Sonic in it I had no choice xD
ITs gonna be good stuff :3

Sailor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WalMart? No thankee. Finished off my preorder at GameStop today
biggrin.gif

This Saturday I'm gonna be walking in at around 11:50pm, waiting for a couple minutes and picking it up. Then I plan on playing it with my friend on the phone [why no voice chat?!] until like 8am, lol.

Or I might go to the tournament at 10pm. Still haven't decided..

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
jalaneme said:
Marticuno said:
And that August thingie, that's absolutely not certain
smile.gif

actually it's "fall" according to reggie, you have no choice but to import if you want to play it this month.

Someone has been missing out
smile.gif

It was decomfirmed by the interviewers some days after the interview
wink.gif

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll be Irvine CA drinking with friends this weekend. I plan on picking up Brawl later that week. Chances are the scene release will be out before Sunday so I'm not really in a rush.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there wouldn't be any point at my wal mart..called there and they said the earliest they'll be selling it is on sunday morning at open (8am)

but wait

i have a wiikey

*pointless then, isn't it*

(wishes wiikey team would GTF off their asses and release the source so people who actually know how to make a decent firmware can do the job right)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?