Who's happy with 512mb

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by rohitdragon, Oct 24, 2006.

?

Who's happy with 512mb

1. Yes. 512 is all i need

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO. 512 seems to less.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rohitdragon
    OP

rohitdragon Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2006
    Canada
    wat u think

2. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    here we go again.

3. phantastic91

phantastic91 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 25, 2006
    United States
    California
    i just got a 512mb yesterday to replace my 256 and it sucks.. =/ it turns out that everytime you buy a memory card they dont exactly give you that much. like my 256 gave me 243 and my 512 gavemy only 480 T_T so far it can only put 7 ds games 2 gba on it and 5 musics with some homebrew stuff

i want a 1gb now =/

4. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    Ha! Tama's gonna go on a shooting spree if y'all don't quit it. [​IMG]

Seriously boys, this topic's been done to death lately!

Oh, and *DUCK!*

SERPENTINE SHELL!!!!

5. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    I got the 2G version which was real nice and held a nice amount of games...then I got the 4G version or as you call it...512....it's just too big...I hate not maxing out space so I feel like craming games on there just to end up deleting them without ever playing them. So yea 512 is fine for me. No damage in repeating my self...I think I still have the same 20 games I had last time some dude asked this question.

6. outphase

outphase Custom title

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Oh no! not more space to fill up with games you won't finish.

7. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Exactly. Where do people get off thinking having around 8-10 good games on a card is not enough to play at once? Most of these posts has to be by little kids who just want to take their shiny ds to school to show their friends how many games they can fit on their flashcart to compensate for penis envy. And @ mthrnite, heh, I just predicted the future of this thread will go in the same direction it's always went....to crap.

8. Devante

Devante Crescent fresh at best.

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    I think that complaining about too much space is about as bad as all these "is 512 enough" threads. ;>

9. urbanmindz

urbanmindz Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    I just got my DS-X today and honestly I personally will have no problem using it with only 512. IF I were to buy a commercial cartridge I would only have one game.. so having 10 to 16 games does not bother me at all..
    devante is 512 enough for you?

10. lonster

lonster Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2006
    United States
    at leat one gig for me. i like to have a good variety of multiplayer and i will put a tv ep or two on. if you wont be playing multiplayer and dont care about video then 512 could work

11. kingeightsix

kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Capital
    512 = perfect for gba games... i don't play ALL of them but i do play alot of them and when i'm feeling spontaneous, i'll play a game that i rarely play. i have games on there that other people would play, just in case they're bored... i let my li'l sibs play it so it's good to have that extra space for that extra 'hello kitty' or 'pokemon'... you get the picture.

12. phantastic91

Sep 25, 2006
    United States
    California
    actually i want more music an d videos on it

13. delta123

delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2005
    Hyougo, Japan
    that's why have the psp. i think it's better for media playback. i have an ep of the amazing race down to 100meg (originally 350meg) and it's in perfect viewing quality on the psp.

14. Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2006
    United States
    Space.
    The G6 holds enough games for me. Since I don't use my card for mp3s or videos, all my cart space is used just for gaming. But I do have to admit that the AceKard has my interest perked too.

15. phantastic91

Sep 25, 2006
    United States
    California
    yea i know the psp is better for music and movies but i dont want to carry around two portables [​IMG] my brother has one and so i will have to buy a psp (200) and a memory ( $$)

16. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    it would be nice to have more but honestly 512 is enough for just gaming.

17. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I have a 512mb CF card for my M3. Compared to my previous flash cart which was 256MB and only held something like at the most 2 decent GBA games, it's like a massive storage. At the end of the day, it's all about file management. Got a game you don't like? Why keep it on any longer? You can also back-up the save for future use if you must. I'm not too keen on using a huge chunk of the space for the multimedia side of it (like videos and MP3) mainly because I think the PSP excels in that area but at least it's a nice bonus. Seriosuly though, can you really see your self playing all 10 games at once? I'm still on the first Summon Nights game.

18. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2006
    Certainly enough.
    I have an M3 lite, but I have no plans whatsoever to expand it's memory.

19. SpaceJump

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    I am.

20. Extreme Coder

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    To someone who's been using a 128 MB SD card with an MK3 for some long time, 512 MB with semi-perfect compatibility with roms and homebrew sounds like heaven to me [​IMG]