Gaming Who you'd like to see added to Super Smash Bros for Switch

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got board yesterday and made a representation chart. I was actually suprised to see that Mario is the most represented (That make sense though) with FE/Pokemon coming in second.
415x900.png.ea76268d03804ac599fef9a6730c81e7

Either way, there needs more balance, more Star Fox, more Pokemon, is that too much to ask for? Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, they're all clones. Same with Marth, Lucina, just male and female versions of the same character. Then you have Ness and Lucas, Pit and Dark Pit. Too many clones.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, there needs more balance, more Star Fox, more Pokemon, is that too much to ask for? Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, they're all clones. Same with Marth, Lucina, just male and female versions of the same character. Then you have Ness and Lucas, Pit and Dark Pit. Too many clones.
I wouldn't go as far as saying that Luigi is a clone. He absolutely is in Smash 64 but from Melee on wards, i think he is quite different. Same with PM Ganon and Captain Falcon.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't go as far as saying that Luigi is a clone. He absolutely is in Smash 64 but from Melee on wards, i think he is quite different. Same with PM Ganon and Captain Falcon.

No, but Mario and Dr. Mario, Lucina and Marth, Pit and Dark Pit, Smash Wii U had Pink Gold Peach syndrome, and I hope clones are done away with.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but Mario and Dr. Mario, Lucina and Marth, Pit and Dark Pit, Smash Wii U had Pink Gold Peach syndrome, and I hope clones are done away with.
No? as in Luigi is a clone?
I agree, clones should be done away with. I mean, the roster is bigger which is nice(?) and my little cousin now has a female sword fighter to play as which is cool i guess. But those slots should have been for characters that actually had their own move set like wolf or at least make them different enough so that they stand out. PM did this well and make Ganon, Lucas, and even Roy different enough to make them unique. I would like to see the same effort from Ninty.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No? as in Luigi is a clone?
I agree, clones should be done away with. I mean, the roster is bigger which is nice(?) and my little cousin now has a female sword fighter to play as which is cool i guess. But those slots should have been for characters that actually had their own move set like wolf or at least make them different enough so that they stand out. PM did this well and make Ganon, Lucas, and even Roy different enough to make them unique. I would like to see the same effort from Ninty.

I just hope there's more variation this time.

Reactions: Stephano

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope there's more variation this time.
Although the one thing that i never see people addressing is how would a re-release affect the competitive seen of the game. I know not everyone cares about this, but it could determine whether or not we get any new characters or games changes at all. Unless everything they do to the switch, they also do to the Wii U.
Now that i think about it, I don't even think the game would be a port. Because you will have to pay online on for the switch, some people would still stick to the Wii U version. Unless they provided incentive to get the Switch version with any added new Characters.

Ughhh I'm just going in circles now. I give up, I don't know what to expect. :rofl:

Reactions: the_randomizer

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything but Fire Emblem, they were anathema in the last game.

I like all the Fire Emblem fighters. I don't expect them to add anymore at this point, as there are a fair amount now. But I wouldn't be opposed to another one being added if they insist on it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Although the one thing that i never see people addressing is how would a re-release affect the competitive seen of the game. I know not everyone cares about this, but it could determine whether or not we get any new characters or games changes at all. Unless everything they do to the switch, they also do to the Wii U.
Now that i think about it, I don't even think the game would be a port. Because you will have to pay online on for the switch, some people would still stick to the Wii U version. Unless they provided incentive to get the Switch version with any added new Characters.

Ughhh I'm just going in circles now. I give up, I don't know what to expect. :rofl:

Well the competitive scene I imagine would just shift from the Wii U version to the Switch version. That's what I've always figured.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hated it last time to see so many character slots wasted. "Dark Pit"? How stupid. They should opt for more simple but interesting costume swaps, like the Kooplings. I think I can fit ALL Fire Emblem lords ever into the many slots they take up now.

1. Sword Person: Celice/Marth/Roy/Ike/Lucina/Eirika/Eliwood/Lyn/Chrom/Leif/Corrin/New Mystery Avatar/Alm
2. Lance Person: Ephraim/Geoffray
3. Sword&Magic Person: Robin/Celica
4. Mage: Micaiah
5. Axe Person: Hector
6. Flying/annoying: Erincia/Tibarn

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Errrr... Dr. Mario may be a semi-clone, but Luigi is in no way a clone. His moves are completely different. Lucina is obviously a clone of MArth, and actually, Dark Pit is not that much of a clone. He has a different Final Smash. (OK, it's perhapos a clone...) As long as they are not exactly the same, I'm fine with clones/semi-clones.

To answer the OP, I'd love to see Shovel Knight, Captain Toad, Gardevoir, Inkling, Ice Climbers and Solid Snake returning of course, maybe Wolf?

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errrr... Dr. Mario may be a semi-clone, but Luigi is in no way a clone. His moves are completely different. Lucina is obviously a clone of MArth, and actually, Dark Pit is not that much of a clone. He has a different Final Smash. (OK, it's perhapos a clone...) As long as they are not exactly the same, I'm fine with clones/semi-clones.

To answer the OP, I'd love to see Shovel Knight, Captain Toad, Gardevoir, Inkling, Ice Climbers and Solid Snake returning of course, maybe Wolf?

Still stands, we don't need Dark Pit, Lucas, or Lucina, because she's a Marth clone *shrug*. The roster kinda disappointed me to be honest.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Star Tropics kid,
Simon or Richter Belmont, Alucard, Dracula, B
Baloon Fight kid,
Paper Boy,
Terra, Sabin, Edgar or Locke from FF6,
Gumshoe detective (from the game Gumshoe),
Phoenix Wright,
King Hippo from Punch Out,
Arms character (any of them would be fine tbh)
Duran - Seiken Densetsu 3
Dark Lord - Seiken Densetsu 1
Ryu from Ninja Gaiden or Hiryū from Strider
Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid. Yep bring him back, it was awesome
Dovahkiin from Skyrim
Not a chance, but why not:
Lightning from FF13
Tyrael from Diablo
Pudge from DotA :D
Kratos of God of War
Master Chief of Halo

Site & Scene News