48 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Biden

78 vote(s)
    61.9%
  3. 126 voter(s)
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Yeah any president would be facing those numbers or worse. There's been this thing called the coronavirus maybe you haven't heard. Before then best economy ever. Try not to be so biased. Blaming Trump for the unemployment numbers is plain ignorant and they're dropping significantly even since the 2nd quarter of the year.

Last edited Oct 1, 2020
  2. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Comoros
    Trump won for being so sexy

CallmeBerto likes this.
  3. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    They are not directly Trump's fault but the result of his failure to lead the country properly during a pandemic. Other countries are not seeing unemployment rate spikes like the USA is. Europe as a continent has remained at a steady unemployment rate, and some countries such as France have fallen. The United States is one of the only countries that has spiked like this. I'm sure someone will respond to this post with an excuse as to why it is so much higher. That's the result of delaying a lockdown and not taking decisive action in a dire situation. But they are indeed falling, which is a good sign.

upload_2020-9-30_18-16-10.png
    Source: https://data.oecd.org/unemp/unemployment-rate.htm

Attached Files:

Last edited by DarkFlare69, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

He locked down in March not long after Biden called him a racist for locking out China. In February Dr Fauci said the virus wasn't serious. This was the guy in charge Trump is not a doctor and he listened to him and locked down the country when requested to. You're saying though that if he locked down sooner unemployment would not be as high that makes no sense it was the fact that there was a lockdown that unemployment sky rocketed having it earlier would not have changed a thing. There was nothing else Trump could have done to stop unemployment from skyrocketing. It would have happened under any president holding a lockdown.

It would make more sense if you were arguing about the amount of deaths but saying we should have lockdown earlier to prevent unemployment makes absolutely no sense at all. That's what a lockdown does it shuts businesses down and inevitably forces businesses to die or lay people off.

You seem to think lockdowns cure all but if Biden wins and locks us down again the economy will collapse. He seems to be in favor of it too. I honestly don't care about other countries because if a President says lock down the country and they end up with more unemployment than other countries I mean that's not in their control it's a lockdown a business can lay people off because there isn't income coming in. You're the one praising lockdowns and the fallout cannot be controlled. Those numbers may double if there's another lockdown. I'm sure if we were under Biden we'd still be under the same lockdown and the economic hit would be absolutely devastating. I know businesses personally that will shut down instantly if there's another lockdown. They're holding on by a thread as it is.

Last edited Oct 1, 2020
  5. MurraySkull
    This message by MurraySkull has been removed from public view by Costello, Oct 1, 2020, Reason: insulting / flaming, please convey your ideas in a more peaceful manner.
    Oct 1, 2020
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I don't care who the President is we can't have another lockdown. This virus while a little more dangerous than the flu mostly for the elderly is not causing people to die all over the streets. Keep social distancing keep wearing masks as long as it takes, but another lockdown would devastate the country.

I remember the estimation when the virus first hit America was 2 million deaths, so far there's been 200,000. In my book, that tells me Trump has done an excellent job handling the virus.

Last edited Oct 1, 2020
    CallmeBerto likes this.
  7. AnimeIsDead

AnimeIsDead Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    I grabbed some popcorn and had a blast watching these old farts go at it with each other. Honestly they should consider making these debates pay per view and spend that money on another yacht or Epstein island 2.0

DarknessPlay3r and DarkFlare69 like this.
  8. omgcat

omgcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Disregarding independents for the moment, the death of RBG, Trumps SC choice, the risk to the ACA, and a bad covid response has energized democratic voters to levels we haven't seen since 2008. Trump won 2016 by VERY slim margins. if Young people vote in numbers similar to 2008, trump is fucked. full stop. on top of that, trump has lost a ton of female voters because of the RBG shenanigans, and Anti-choice sentiment. Trump is also starting to lose support of the elderly who are pissed that he said it was OK to sacrifice them for the economy, and threatened social security.

non-voters are being energized on the left like crazy, because abortion rights and healthcare is at risk.

older voters are being pushed towards Biden because they do not like how trump is acting, and trump has threatened social security and medicare.

the key race to watch is PA, because if Biden takes PA, Biden has around a 94% chance to win the electoral college. if Trump wins PA, Trump has around an 85% chance at winning the electoral college.

There have been more than 1,000,000 votes cast so far, up from 15,000 cast around the same time in 2016. people actually care this election.

I will update with more info as i get it.

Last edited by omgcat, Oct 1, 2020
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I'm not going to sit here and say I know Trump will win because I don't. But I do think this election is NOT about how great Biden is. It's Trump vs I hate Trump. Very few people and no people with any sense actual think Biden would be a great President. He's got one foot in the grave.

10. drag4you

drag4you Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Why did Biden won tho, in the vote polls? What did he promise?

11. AnimeIsDead

AnimeIsDead Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    The Biden plan

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Nothing, like I said it's Trump vs I hate Trump. A lot of people hate Trump. It's not about how good Biden is. Even his voters mostly know he'd be a bad president but they just want anyone but Trump. They drink the CNN koolaid who admits they lie about Trump.

Last edited Oct 1, 2020
  13. drag4you

drag4you Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    What's the Biden Plan?

14. AnimeIsDead

AnimeIsDead Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    Apparently a very good plan.

Deleted User likes this.
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

It's like when two sports teams are going to play, they don't tell the other team their plan. Only in this case one team is Biden and the other team is America, who kinda needs to know it.

16. pleasehelpme2

pleasehelpme2 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The viewers won, this stuff is comedy gold

17. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i don't know who won, but i know who lost, we did

IncredulousP and AnimeIsDead like this.
  18. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It's too late. Even if Trump loses in November, he's going to fill that seat. If she cared so much about her seat, she should have retired during Obama's first term.

19. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Yeah Dems should have talked her into retiring under Obama. Too bad so sad.

20. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yeah, I'm sure that has nothing at all due to the Corana virus, and people not wanting to wait in line to vote.

Also, I look forward to the Pence/Harris debate more.

Last edited by Viri, Oct 1, 2020
  21. omgcat

omgcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

i agree, it should be interesting. I wonder if "mother" will even let pence debate a woman.

also, speaking of pence, where the hell has he been these 3+ years? like the guy a is a ghost.

IncredulousP likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - presidential, debate, first